Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
What's the beef? Most people seem to welcome govt regulation of everything under the sun moon and stars. This is just the next logical step after helmet laws. Only fools think that the safety-freaks would stop with helmets.

Take a cue from what's been done to the smokers. At first the little Hitlers said, "We'll never ban smoking on airplanes. We only want non-smoking sections." Now in some towns it's illegal to smoke in your own backyard. Or an open air venue like a public park. The lesson of this is that the public is easily stampeded into unreasoning fear by media lies and exaggerations. If the media decides to take on motorcycles as a safety issue then we are truly screwed. Luckily for us a lot of people in the media ride motocycles too.

Never forget that one feature of the safety-fascists in the USA is that once they start down a road they never stop. After all, someone somewhere is having fun.

I predict that irony will abound when the HD/ABATE crowd rallies to the defense of sportbike owner's rights.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Heh heh. I've lost count of the environuts I've seen in Utah who freak out when they see a 4-wheeler ATV. Usually they are standing next to their Toyota 4WD they just drove through open BLM land. They believe that they should be exempt from restrictions because they "care" more.

I'll bet SBP has seen this crap too. Heck, he's at a University! I bet he's got some great hypocrisy stories.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
You get no argument from me. I've never felt deprived on motorcycles with less than 100 hp.

But, this is America, man. It's not just the bikers. People buy .44mags when a .38+P is more than sufficient. Look at the car mags. Same thing. As if 250hp isn't enough in a 2,500 pound sedan.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Alaskan Brown Bear? Get an FN-FAL and load it with the hottest loads you can get w/20 mags. Or get a .50 Barrett.

Or just take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Check out the insurance rates. That will tell you who is having the most accidents.

Returning oldsters may be falling down a lot, but dropping an HD in a parking lot doesn't generate the medical costs that using a 600 to turn yourself into a paraplegic does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.