Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Can't wait for the Adventure shootout. My local triumph guy keeps telling me to take the new Tiger for a ride.

I really like the R1200GS, so I am very interested to see the outcome of the street portion of the testing.

Shoot me a line if you need some extra bodies.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The Tiger is way overdue for a total redo. Actually, tonight's our monthly RAT meeting. If any Triumph corporate guys show up, I'll see if I can get any info out of 'em.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah whatever.

"Note, we just confirmed a Tiger for our Open Adventure Shootout, and an ST is on the request block for Sport Tourers '05."

Not that it matters worth a damn since neither of them will finish in the top 3 due to them making 0.89% less horsepower than the the other superior contenders.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: Yeah whatever.

Geez, give us a bit more cred than that!

**The KLR650 is in the Adventure Shootout**

So we have a lower-horsepower bike to whine about. Tigers are downright peppy in comparison.

This is MO, wouldn't it seem normal to you if the KLR won? You know we might vote the least-powerfull bike in the test to win _just_ to spite you!

Just kidding. Well, about all of it but the spitefullness thing. ;-)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Motorcyclist had a review of the ST last month and they seemed to like the bike. Went on about how good it sounded. Hopefully the limeys will undo the craniorectal inversion and give one to MO so we can get some good video and sound to judge for our independent selves. I do really like the styling, especially the pipes with the singlesided swingarm, and headlamps. If you guys get one please let us know how the lights are at night. For those of us that commute or actually ride at night it is important...you can't always ride with the high beams on at night. I wish we had a dealer near here so I could check it out. Are Triumphs generally reliable?

Is it just me or are the sport touring options getting better and better? If they would just make them a little lighter I would consider getting one. I rode the FJR the other day and liked the power and it handled pretty well for such a heavy bike, but you could really feel the weight. I wonder if Honda will come up with a better VFR for 06? Maybe put the old 954 motor in it and make it weigh less than 400 pounds. That would be excellent!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
probly with whole new layer of electro-mechanical masturbation if so, thereby further deadening the experience while increasing the complexity, expense and weight. Yick. Isn't the Speed Triple like $9995 or something? such a deal. i rather have speed triple than 2 vfrs unless one was rc30 maybe.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts