Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
So right you are. Who woulda thunk, now everyone is looking for a clean '98-01 VFR. The before they "ruined" it bike.

It's either 100hp/560lbs or 180hp/400lbs. Am I the only one not getting it? Let's split the differenc, how about 140hp/480lbs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, the Local dealer in Pensacola, FL can't even keep one on the show room floor. When I went to the Triumph track day at Barber Motorsports Park the Sprint was booked solid.

I have a 2003 and the only complaints I ever had was a mushy front suspension. Well GMD Computrac took care of that with Racetec Internals and I added a Penske rear shock as well with a very hefty spring rate for two up back road carving, Triumph race exhaust and race tune for the FI. My next upgrade is going to be a Brembo Radial Master Cylinder .... All of which still make it a better bargain than the Ducati ST3 or ST4.

Oh and of course that orgasmic triple sound ... excuse me I have to step away

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
"The switch controlling this process operates at a mere four milliseconds and the system modulates the pressure between these two points to achieve optimum breaking." "

When I use the brakes I want to slow or stop. They can forget about that optimum breaking stuff... I'd definately get the non-ABS version!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Re: Tiger

Looking forward to the Open Adventure Shootout and the Tigers got to be there, still one of the best I suspect. Since its Open, why not throw in a Kawasaki KLR 650 which is in fact used as a long-distance adventure bike by some? Its probably a lot slower in the 1/4 mile but I'd love to see how it fares 0 to 60 against the bigger bikes. And 0 to 30 or so it might be the quickest of the group. Much lighter than others.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey you guys take it easy on my Viffer she'll hear ya and start *****ing at me. Actually I love the vtec viffer a bit high on the 12thou mat. but hey shes rock solid and dependable and good for 600 mile days I cant say that about other bikes Ive owned. I wonder is the upkeep that high when you figure total cost of ownership nah not really.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Seriously though, I would also be interested in this comparison... If nothing more, I'd like to use the platform to tell Yamaha that if they would update the windjammer front fairing of the 600R to something more modern, I for one would buy another one (I already owned one in 1997)... Great bike though, go back to the solid color, fix the front, and call it a new model.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Only if it can be vrtually transparent, a low burble in the background at most. I still say the ultimate system would allow a non-linked/ non-ABS "Sport" mode for "Fun" and a grab em and stop mode for normal riding, BOTH. If I have to choose I'll take non-linked/non-ABS.

And another thing, if I wasn't so interested in getting out behind Sean on an interesting looking piece of road while I was on the ZZR... I probably would have zipped the jacket pocket... you know, not fastened the helmet or something else instead...

You think the new Sprint has addressed some of the "cheesy" issues you had with the previous version? I am very interested in the new Sprint and hope to have a chance to put a few miles on one... The new Daytona will get a close look from me as well. I would be curious as to how hard it would be to take the Sprints engine to the Daytona engines specs...

I'm thinking that I need to own 2 motorcycles in the not too distant future. I want to take the ZRX off the road for some "modifications" and don't want to have to hurry. If I don't get another motorcycle how could I get around?

See ya at Laguna?

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
When I was at the Long Beach show they had the Sprint behind the velvet ropes. Plus I don't think it had the hard bags attached and the bags were the part that drew the biggest criticism.

I'm still trying to figure out my Laguna plans. I'm leaving for Italy on the 13th of July. Plus, I lagged so badly on campground/hotel that if I want to go I'll probably have to stay in Santa Cruz at some fleabag for $250 a night. That cuts into the Italy funds quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
We're camping at an off-track campground, may be room for another old bag (sleeping), might want to check with Sean. Since it's Cal, I'll have the smoking (snoring) tent of course. Knowing that area I'd be surprised if there wouldn't be some "unauthorized" camping going on.

You'll have to try and sell that "funds" thing somewhere else moneybags, as I recall it's still your turn on the next round!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Re: Yeah whatever.

Just be sure to take all the adventure bikes over to Willow Springs and lean 'em over to see what grinds on the track, like with the Multistrada.

That'll provide real useful information for us & no doubt impress the ***** outa the manufacturers too.

I look forward to this review with "baited" breath.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just wish they did better suspension on both bikes.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts