Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Triumph better rethink this plan. Looks like they took the back half of a Meanstreak judging from the fender, taillight, and tag mount.

That inline three cylinder looks like a throwback to the 30's.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I feel sorry for the bumbling jag-off of a test rider who stopped for gas (or maybe to take a leak) and let some random wanker walk around the test bike snapping photos left and right. He even got a shot of the friggin' test records on the tank for crying out loud. Can anyone say "FIRED!"

I'll bet Mssrs. Andy Downer, John Hand*****, and Andy Jones are in for a sh!tty day as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
You are, of course, assuming that Triumph didn't want anything "leaked". There are reasons why all of the US autmotive makers have portions of their test tracks visible from the public land. Come to Detroit some time and I'll show you the best spots.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Mosst test mules parts look like throughbacks to the 30's. They are usually are overbuilt, and then engineered down to the minimums needed, and refined for looks.

Looks diferent at least (not that the cruiser crowd seems to likes diferent looking). Hope the best for them. A 2liter 3 cyl power cruiser sound like a fun ride.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Why not? A 2 liter inline shaftdrive triple would be cool. Especially if Triumph can bring the weight in under the ridiculously porky Valkerie.

Imagine Valkerie class power in a less porky package. Shtonkin!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree, if a motor company wants a new model kept under wraps, they usually can get the testing sealed tighter than ....... well .......... you know.

Look at the 2004 Camry Solara. Toyota has made it clear that they don't want any leaks before it's big debut tomorrow (or was it Friday?). Not a single spy photo has been snapped of this car. Even Mr. Hans Lehmann hasn't been able to catch a glimpse.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think it's also worth pointing out that if it is indeed a test bike, it won't be in it's best Sunday suit.

Most automobile spy photos we see are of hubcapless, plastic-clad, four-wheeled dogs. In fact, sometimes if the manufacturer wants to test a sub-system, they'll just throw it into anything they see fit. The front wheel steering system snapped on an R1 a few years back is a good example. Who know's what Triumph is up to?

All in all, I'm just happy to see manufacturers trying out new models and different engine configurations which may end up filtering their way down to us lot. Getting them washed and dressed before the go on stage is the easy part.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Weight reduction? I'd take the Valk if they could get rid of that creepy disconnected from the road feeling. I made the mistake of taking a Valk for a ride after having ridden the GL1800 (how different could it be I told myself) and scared myself to death with the lack of feedback.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.