Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my cup of tea. But hey it beats arm chaps. I am surprized that the cruiser guys don't go for colored tires Maybe the standard blackwalls and whitewalls is enough for them.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I think it's kind of cool although I would have doubts about whether a re-tread would have the same grip and handling characteristics as the latest brand-name sporting tires. Re-treads are a great value on an 18-wheeler, perhaps not worth the risk on a high-performance motorcycle? I guess somebody will have to test them alongside the Pilots and Diablos and Battlaxes and Rennsports and see how they stack up. I suppose for the poser on the stretched and chromed Huyabusa it wouldn't matter, however.

This is not altogether new as colored motocross tires have been available for some time now. MX bikes look really sharp with color-matched tires in my opinion.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's not how it works

First you have to kiss longrides butt, and then submit an article preferably about Harley's or critical of squids, Hondas, helmets. Then and only then can you make a suggestion to the staff to write something new.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Coming Soon to a Pep Boyz Near You . . .

Tires are all that's between you and the road. Maybe that will keep demand for the motorycycle tires down some.

But for all those Neon/Civic/Cavalier drivers out there who crave illuminated windshield washer nozzles, three-foot high spoilers, and rims that move when the car stands still, this could be THE Next Big Thing. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Worst thing about these, besides how tacky they look, is that they are retreads. I wouldn't use those on a 4 wheeled vehicle, never mind a two wheeler. I saw a booth for these at the International show in Manhattan thsi past weekend.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Their website claims that their tires are perfectly safe up to 225 mph and that they make aircraft tires too.

How about you trying a set out for us and let us know how safe they are... you know, as a sort of public service.

I'd also like to know which airlines are using recaps on their planes.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quote By Agent0090:

"But for all those Neon/Civic/Cavalier drivers out there who crave illuminated windshield washer nozzles, three-foot high spoilers, and rims that move when the car stands still, this could be THE Next Big Thing. Stay tuned."

This is the first thing that flashes thru my mind. Why are they keep putting out crap like this? Fast and Furious, Biker Boyz, and the coming soon Torque,

I'm an import car tuner, and when I said that to people the first thing that they said is always "ohh, like Fast & Furi.." and I'm not, I F-in hate F & F, I hate illuminated windshield washer nozzles, three-foot high spoilers.

Now they are trying to destroy my last "refuge". WTF?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.