Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the one pictures heading "Twin brothers Steve and David Kahn actually run nuclear reactor back home." It scares me to see that 2 guys that make decisions on if we have a Chernobyl type disaster here in the States have such poor decision making capabilities. The picture shows them in shorts, T-shirt no helmets and heck one of em doesn't even have eye protection on. People with this amount of sense would do better in positions that require asking "would you like fries with that?"

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice article, Paul, love the pictures. The Yamaha kit bike is awesome. Utah is a great place and it's not boring if you like rock climbing, skiiing, mountain biking, and water skiing. It's Colorado without the people.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I live down wind of Three Mile Island. I hope those two don't work there. Seriously though, I don't care if the ride naked. I just love the fact that they can make a choice. Now, when it comes to my personal safety, I hope they are more cautious at work.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Re: Utah sucks Colorado rules

Trouble is, those assets are offset by the stick-up-the-ass folks in Aspen and Telluride. Stick to Ouray and be sure to say "Hey!" to Barb at the Box Canyon Lodge. And does Colorado have anything to rival Moab?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yamaha stars

I remember all the hoopala surrounding the Royal Star a number of years ago. I was real interested in it because I then had a 1300 Venture Royal and I was looking for a new bike. Finally after many delays the Star came into the dealer. Every magazine panned it but I decided to make up my own mind. The mags were not wrong, what a dog. Both in looks and power. My Venture always seemed to have alot of get up and go, but not so the new Royal Star. What a let down. Then they came out with the 650cc Star. Bargain basement cheapo, chincy piece of crapola. A friend of mine bought one and had me ride it home for him. Junkola. I don't know anything about the 1100cc Star. Now the new Venture Royal is a looker but I heard of problems but don't know firsthand. Never hear much about it from the magazines except when it first came out. Went down to see it and thought it looked real nice. The Venture I had was a good but very top heavy at low speeds and the frame whiplashed me off a 45 mph one time. Talk about bruised to the hip bone. I think my lips turned white while that semi wheel hopped to a stop behind me.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: Utah sucks Colorado rules

People who think that a desert is simply something like the Mojave don't know what they are missing. The Utah southern desert is an amazing place. From the San Rafael Swell (including the mini-Grand Canyon, the Maze and a plethora of other beautiful palces) down to Moab/Arches and over to Bryce and Zion or the other way to Monumant Valley there are fantastic things to see and you can do it without the mobs of people you have anywhere else. Just don't go in the middle of summer.

On second thought. Stay out of Utah. Take Kook's advice and go to Colorado. I prefer the empty backroads I can burn up without all the traffic problems. And the ability to find secluded places to camp on our expanses of BLM land is irreplaceable. Yep Utah sucks. Stay away.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
No Japanese Race Queens? No kegs of Asahi beer? What the heck kind of a party is this supposed to be?

Where the clog dancers there?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Don't forget that they were simply riding through Ogden. The high concentration of octegenarians keeps the road speeds down below 25mph.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My point is that if they want to ride w/out protection, it's their choice to make.

I also don't think that whatever their decision is,

it doesn't neccessarily reflect on how they perform in a work enviorment.

Stereotyping someones ework ethic because of a lack of motorcycle safety apparell seems a bit of a stretch, but if it works for you.....

Julian

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Sounds like a blast. Maybe they've got that guy with the cart from the OfficMax commercial booked for entertainment.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.