Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I dunno'.........

...designed in Japan and built in China. One way to stick it to the union, eh wot?
I think the "Jap Crap" and "Rice Rocket" attitudes are finally dissapearing but I really can't see a Chinese made Harley selling very well here. While modern Harleys are competitive quality wise and set the bar for looks and fit'n'finish the made in the USA angle counts for a lot of people, myself included.

If they want a starter bike then a lighter 400 or 500cc Sportster style bike would be their best bet. Even reviving the 350 Sprint would be cool, they were neat looking bikes with the Italian flair and unique cylinder configuration. I personaly would consider a Chinese made Harley a stab in the back to my union bro's and simply wouldn't own one nor would I do any more business with them in general. There's plenty of Japanese, British and German bikes I'd like to have, I don't need another Harley that bad.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Yup....

I was chuckling because the cruiser/chopper thing was the first thing I lusted after when I got out of the Nav. Later I went to standards and stayed there until I finally got a 'real' sportbike a couple of years back.

I thought that the actual sign of old age and impending death was the desire to own a Gold Wing or a Buick.
Back then they were all standards, if you wanted a sportbike you just added clip ons and a Kerker. The bike that opened my eyes was my buddys VF700 Sabre, it was so far ahead of my '78 Sporty that I went out and sold it, bought a GPZ750 and said f**k Harleys. Took me 20 years to get another one and I still ride the Bandit most of the time anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.