Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mwuhahah first post

anyways, yeah great idea, but i doubt anybody will actually pay attention, and the people who should actually read the article because they pay the least attention driving, will also pay the least attention to the article.

erik

·
Registered
29 Posts
During the Laconia Bike Week, Massachusetts had messages "look for Motorcycles when changing lanes" on the highways. They were on the new daily information signs. A great message that hopefully reminded the cagers that they share the roads.

·
Registered
243 Posts
And the parents would be ecstatic about having a pro-bike group talk to thier 'impressionable darlings'.

Not going to happen where I grew up, that's certain.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I know what you meant, and I know how the adverage soccer mom will take it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The OSP, like other law enforcement agencies on the local, state, and Federal level, have been essentially co-opted by their respective legislators, who are heavily lobbied to make driving "accessible" to the masses. Driver education efforts such as this are, quite simply, ineffective, and police officials understand it only too well. Unfortunately, they have no alternative and must be seen to be making an effort to appear responsive to the off the scale escalation in irresponsible and distracted driving behavior that plagues the nation. Kind of similar in motivation to the failed drug enforcement and gun-control policies implemented across the country. And, we have only ourselves to blame, as the license to drive has become a right rather than a privilege with millions of unqualified, distracted, mindless clones doing pretty much whatever the f**k they want behind the wheel. We've inherited this crisis incrementally as a result of written and skills testing having evolved into pro-forma issuance as a result of the politically-driven demand pressure. VTLaws, their enforcement, and oversight of recidivist violators has now simply outgrown our ability to manage it. The answer is, regrettably, more government intrusiveness in the form of tough, English-language written tests, challenging skills testing, and Zero-tolerance license cancellation / incarceration / vehicle confiscation law enforcement of a new realistic 100% consistent Federal driving law across the entire nation. Yeah, it won't be as much fun to ride anymore, but don't worry. It will never happen, because a drivers license has taken on a near Constitutional halo. But, keep in mind while castigating me for what might seem excessive over-reaction to the OSP story, that those who do so haven't lost there son or best bro to one of these air heads, who currently gets a slap on the wrist and gets right back on the cell as soon as he walks out of the precinct and cranks over his cage. You got a better solution? As Lennon said "we'd all love to see the plan". Education ain't it! Or, if it is, it's a peripheral piece of a plan that hasn't been formulated yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts