Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off-topic. There was some argument at the office whether the gringos would leave Iraq if the democrats manage to take control of both houses, anybody having any hunches?

- cruiz-euro

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Got some pretty neat stuff in there, I'd like a couple of the bikes and some of the posters and what-not. Not really interested in some dead guys things though even if it is Steve McQueens.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
A guy I know who ran an accessory shop went to the first auction of McQueen's bikes back in the 90's. He went expecting to pay maybe double what the bikes would get on the collector's market. However, antiques bikes that normally might have gone for $20K at the time ended up going for over $100K. Collecting celebrities' old stuff seems to be some sort of a collective insanity. It might seem cool to some people to own McQueen's old stuff, but in another 30 years when his fans have all pretty much died off that collector's value will simply melt away.

Maybe it's just the insanity of an aution. A pawn shop here auctions used guns twice a year. I've seen people end up paying more for used guns than what they would have paid for a new one! Gotta win that auction!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
I want his old TX500 Bell, and McQueen's forged aluminum, forced induction 3 foot tall bong (reputed to hold at least an ounce of Columbia's finest).

Ol' Steve knew how to party...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
According to his last ex-wife, Barbara Minty, all he wanted to do was "ride motorcycles, smoke pot, and drink beer."

And what's wrong with that?

Got the Buell back, it was runnig so rich, the exhaust valves got all carboned up. Got a whole new top end anyway. Thanks Buell. The rear exhaust valve was pitted, and warped from the gases going by, on fire. Good thing I didn't drop a valve.

Too rich can be just as bad as too lean.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What you guys should do is to set "Let It Rip" election special discussion forum. Judging by the past writings I bet guys have enough political opinions to fill one thread

- cruiz-euro

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.