Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Any race that RC isn't in Stewart is the clear and easy favorite. RC is going car racing, best of luck to him, always.

Some of us would like a few more years from RC if only to keep Supercross exciting. Either way, the writing is on the wall, Stewart, baring injury, is going to be as dominant as RC was. No one has close to the pace of these two. Good for Stewart, bad for the sport.

I'll bet those two relish the battles left before them almost as much as I do. Supercross may have an excitement drought...

Good thing some other series are looking to be pretty competitive this year. :)

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Cool to see... Stewart is attracting a broader set of folks to the sport. My youngest daughter is dating an African American boy who doesn't know anything about motorcycles but knows about Stewart.... Now he asking me about my kbike.. and motorcycles.. It's neat to see the sport grow beyond the GPTB..

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
In certain socio-political circles, there is a erroneous belief that black Americans cannot aspire to any activity unless they see another black American perform it. This belief does not extend to Asians, Hispanics, Jews, etc who are apparently assumed to have the ability to turn a doorknob themselves.

It's part of the "soft bigotry of low expectations."

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"My youngest daughter is dating an African American boy"

A bit of advice, kpaul - I grew up in a black neighborhood. They're not too fond of being called "boys", even when they are. Maybe that's changed since twenty years ago. I dunno. Just some friendly advice.

"It's neat to see the sport grow beyond the GPTB.."

Motocross is a "GPTB" sport? Who knew?

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
You completely missed the point that the kid knows nothing about motorcycles and is being educated by someone who knows nothing about motorcycles.

The kid probably thinks bio diesel land speed bikes are the shiznit by now.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
thanks for the advice.. Where I grew up had no blacks and 20% Latino.. Even in college the only blacks I saw were football players, none in engineering school unfortunately. My wife grew in a white Seattle suburb so she is clueless as well. Thanks again..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Perhaps but JFK opened the doors for Irish, specfically Irish Catholics, running for President, even Congress for that matter. So I wouldn't say this is a black or race only thing. Como did the same thing for Italian Americans...

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
That's why he kmade it.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
There hasn't been a Catholic President since Kennedy, and Mario Cuomo never ran for President.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.