Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"change the rules to have 4s (inline and V-4s) go down to 800cc and let Ducati race the 1000 or bigger bikes cause it won't matter. 4 cylinders rule"

Considering that three of the top seven bikes in the WSB standings are 1000cc Twins, reducing the 1000cc Fours to 800cc would get them well and truly spanked. But I've bashed your titanium-reinforced skull with variations of that particular clue-by-four about 35 times in the past two years, so why am I bothering?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
By the way, what the hell kind of news item is this? Nothing happened.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
NEWS FLASH! BIG FOUR NOT TO BUILD 800 FOURS!

Honda: "We do extremely well with both 600s and 1000s, sales-wise ... I don't think at this point there's necessarily room in the marketplace for another mass-market bike."

Yamaha: "The opportunity for us is to build off of the success of platforms we already have in place, not create a new platform to compete with those."

Kawasaki: "How long are [MotoGP bikes] going to be 800s?... Why develop an 800cc replica if it will be obsolete in two years?"

Suzuki: "We've already got a 750 that's an excellent motorcycle, with a long history. To develop an all-new 800cc MotoGP replica that would cannibalize GSXR-750 sales doesn't make much sense for Suzuki, does it?"

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: NEWS FLASH! BIG FOUR NOT TO BUILD 800 FOURS!

Besides which - Iraq! Gas prices! Foreclosures!

I guess I showed me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.