Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: and NOW...The Highwayman.

I saw The Highwayman on 3 different sites a couple of years before he showed up here. He posted up the same stuff he had on the other sites. Hillarious stuff, and the guy had a way with words at least.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: FOUR UNHURT WHEN GAS STOVE FAILS TO EXPLODE

Uh-oh. Better bump up the reading glasses a notch.

Here I am on Motorcycle Onion not Motorcycle Online.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Seems like if they allow 1200 cc V-2s in World Superbike it accomplishes the same thing as your 800 cc I-4 vs 1000 V-2 rule..Don't see a need for production 800 cc machines ksquid.. Remember when MotoGP was 500 cc 2 stroke? As acecycleins said MotoGP like Formula 1 is experimental.. I did like my ZX-7R versus the liters and 600 cc bikes at the time I bought it (2000) but I would think that most new liter bikes are more nimble than it and probably new crop of 600's are almost as powerful.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: and NOW...The Highwayman.

Now, don't be so harsh. If you need some debt collection letters written then longride's your man!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
one word for ya..

kzxer one word for ya GSX-R750.. Mladin sez that the 750 is the prefect size. Notice the 800 cc MotoGP bikes have better times than the obese 1000cc.. On

kpaul sez

1000 cc will be replace by 800 cc as the dominate bike in the market. Suzuki will build a GSX-R800, Kawasaki will build ZX-8R and Yamaha R-8..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Sometimes inaction is news... i.e W not getting out of Iraq..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Sometimes inaction is news... i.e W not getting out of Iraq..

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
That V 4 Ducati ain't no slouch either, let them sell a few dozen sleeved down to 800's with lights on them, then run them in WSBK. Bet they'd kick some butt there too.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
He's for real, I looked him up. I could probably find his house without too much trouble. Just look for the Ninja in the garage with a dead battery and the P-W citizen out pulling weeds in the flowerbed.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
Good God..........

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
Re: one word for ya..

Bullsh!t, been there, done that. Open class sportbikes already went from 900 to 1000 and more, you think they're going back the other way?

get real

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Re: one word for ya..

KP- Putting power to the ground on a 330lbs bike producing 250hp is WAY different than putting 210-225 hp to the ground on the same bike. Traps are faster because they can carry more speed into corners not because the outright power is better or worse. Honda doesn't want a 800 streetbike and therefore it won't happen. Mladin may be right in his words but the "general" public loves "bigger" and will not go backwards in displacement just because the bikes "handle" better than the current crop of litre bikes. The Superbike class will live in it's current format for 5 or more years. IF your prediction comes to fruition it will be at least 5 or more years away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Screw Ducati. Let them build an I-4 like everone else. Oh, I forgot, they are the center of the motorcycle universe and everything revolves around them!

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Of Course You Don't

You want a V-4! Soichiro Honda, founder of Honda Motors said: "The V-4 is the perfect configuration for a motorcycle engine." I sure liked the one in the VFR I used to have (and wish I still did). And at 800 cc's...well...NO! I won't agree with KSquint! Never mind all that, get a Harley.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts