Motorcycle Forums banner
141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fools talking about step-up bikes ...

Hiya guyz (and girls),

i've read a couple posts here, and oh my god, i've seen some wheeners here. I only ride for a year now, and i am not sure wether to buy a GSXR750 or GSXR1000. Prob lotsa you people gonna call me 'suicidal'. Well, my step-up bike was a brand new 2000 Yam. R6. I had lotsa fun with it. BUT i drove wisely. i've read a post of someone telling he saw a brand new supersport crashed with less then 1 mile on counter, well i've seen some experienced motodude crash a brand new Duc 996

30 secs after getting it from the moto shop. These things happen, experienced or inexperienced. It all depends on how you treat the machine. Me as a newbie driver, i treated the R6 with respect, and always got in mind that he was stronger then me.

The moment you think your invincible, you're dead.

Thats something that counts for EVERY bike.

So i gonna get me a brand new GSXR and i am gonna love it ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
you know i am so godamn sick of people [most of who wouldnt know a busa from a zx500 ] trying to tell everyone what the best bike is the 750 gixxer kicked ass i have a 1000 its even better so quit whinin cause you bought the wrong one and shut up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a new gsxr 1000 and it takes one word to describe it incredable and awesome if you like but this machine is much better than my r1 from last year all hype up so either grow some balls and get on it or by yourself a kawi

·
Registered
13 Posts
if riding in the race bike position didnt numb my hands after 30 minutes of riding i would buy this bike today.all the reviews are excellent,the specs are great ,the bike looks real good .i sat on it in the dealership and was amazed at how light and well balanced it felt. but the riding position (for me) is too tight and bent foward but thats the race bike thing.

as far as it being too fast.....my v-max is supposedly too fast but its how you ride the machine that matters , use power wisely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Fools talking about step-up bikes ...

Children, children ! This is how it is.....me SPS, ZX-12R, RC51 and godly R1 were the dog's bollocks (each in the own way), till the coppers took all me points away. Well they've been returned.....and the Gixxer 1000 is parked doon the stairs.....guess what lads...the magazine stooges are bloody right for once - trade in the wife/grab that 4th mortgage/sell the children...but do yerself a fookin favour - get one of these bastards !!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well funny how it is that you are saying those things about the GSXR 1000....I have one and I think it is the best bike I have ever owned....total power past most bikes in first gear even....are you one of them boys that decided to buy a BMW cause you can't hack a real bike or are too over the hill to ride one or what??? The bike has loads of power....why don't you go out and get a family car and we'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've put 1500 miles on my GSXR 1000 since it's arrival in the middle of May. Although 300 mile trips on Interstate aren't the most comfortable, you can always find a twistier way around. I'm 6' 4" and 185#'s and love riding this bike everywhere. It has practically no handlebar vibration at sub-sonic speeds and the ergos amazingly fit me quite well. I agree with you on the speed issue. Although it has vision blurring accelleration qualities, I remind myself I am constantly sitting on my govenor (wallet.) High speed is for the tracks. Idiots far outnumber us on the Highways!

141 - 149 of 149 Posts