Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Gee, looks like them HD riders ain't even bright enough to know how bad they're getting boned.

Give them a decent product, some one on one attention, good financing and a wide spread dealer network, tons of accessories and trinkets, a ready made group of riding buddies in a factory/dealership sponsered group, things like BBQ's and Taco feeds, live bands in the parking lot and the stupid sum' *****es think they're getting a good deal....

pityfull fools.....

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Meanwhile, at the average Japanese dealership:

"I see you're looking at the GSRZZX-600 Wakizashi. That's the hottest sportbike on the planet. Totally redesigned last year to be 0.05 seconds faster in the quarter-mile. Better hurry, though, it's about to become obsol-- oops, too late. It's junk."

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I don't talk with my mouthful......

Smoked dried herring on toast washed down with a few cups of tea for breakfast is a good way to start the day bub....

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
You will of course note that Honda won the "best signage" catagory hands down.

I think Soiciro would have been proud of that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You've got a good point, there. Sportbike manufacturers may be cannibalizing their own sales, much like the difference between Fords & Toyotas.

It's hard to justify buying a new Ford car because they depreciate so quickly.

Similarly, it's hard justify buying a used Toyota car because they depreciate so slowly.

Hence, buy Fords used and Toyotas new. Myself, I'm driving an American car I bought 2 years old for 63% off the original price.

Sportbike manufacturers may be shooting themselves in the foot, just like Ford. I have a better idea of how profitable cruisers can be.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Big dog in third? What'd they sell, like 10 bikes last year? Come on...

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
"Mr. Saginelli - please, sit down! I'll rub your feet, while Clarissa here takes care of any other needs you may have........."

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.