Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
It appears a common thread in over half the citations and all the deaths was alchohol....

How much do you want to bet the stupid assholes will be bragging about how f****d-up they got at Sturgis before "the f****n' pigs popped me, man"

Stupid bastards.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
388 arrests, huh? The article doesn't mention how many thousands of bikers were there. Usually in those small towns they simply take the arrestees for the misdemeanors before the judge who fines them and then they immediately let the detainees go. That's usually the system they use on tourists to fund the police dept. It might have been that 38 people were arrested 10 times each in revolving door fashion.

If it had been an equal number of cowboys for a big rodeo I'd bet you'd have 3,880 arrests.

·
Registered
100 Posts
that's because it wasn't a mayor or congressman driving. just an ordinary man...$1,000,000...what he did was wrong and he should pay the price, what the rich connected boys did was the SAME and they should have paid the price.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice to see the GPTB and babyboomer generation up to their usual behavior

Do you think in 20 years there will still be middle-aged men dressed up in biker costumes still showing up at Sturgis? I don't think so...Just a hunch its a baby boomer thing..

My bother-in-law used to be a deputy Sheriff in a near by Wyoming town... He loved pulling Sturgis duty so he could kick some pathetic drunken baby boomers ass...

The Harley image ya gotta love it. Right longride?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Jeez, I thought we were bad in Canada for letting DUI's off. I guess it's not any better in the US. 6 times; perhaps a pattern? In Canada the Lawyers and Judges seem to be on crack; they're dismissing solid cases because the suspects shoes could have been in disrepair, that's why he tripped. Not the fact that he'd consumed a couple of 26oz' ers.

Same problem in the US?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
The AMA used to say that 99% of the motorcycling public were law abiding, and 1% were the trouble makers. Well, Sturgis attracts about 500,000 people and when 388 arrests are considered it's actually .078%, so I guess we are making a bit of progress lately. Sounds pretty lame to me.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
As usual...

....wrong again. The cowboy crowed is much worse than bikers. Just ask a waitress in any town that hosts both rodeos and biker rallies.

The bikers tip better too.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.