Motorcycle Forums banner

Sturgis arrests - the breakdown

17K views 91 replies 31 participants last post by  mscuddy 
#1 ·
How many Starbucks do they have?

#7 ·
388 arrests, huh? The article doesn't mention how many thousands of bikers were there. Usually in those small towns they simply take the arrestees for the misdemeanors before the judge who fines them and then they immediately let the detainees go. That's usually the system they use on tourists to fund the police dept. It might have been that 38 people were arrested 10 times each in revolving door fashion.

If it had been an equal number of cowboys for a big rodeo I'd bet you'd have 3,880 arrests.

#10 ·
Nice to see the GPTB and babyboomer generation up to their usual behavior

Do you think in 20 years there will still be middle-aged men dressed up in biker costumes still showing up at Sturgis? I don't think so...Just a hunch its a baby boomer thing..

My bother-in-law used to be a deputy Sheriff in a near by Wyoming town... He loved pulling Sturgis duty so he could kick some pathetic drunken baby boomers ass...

The Harley image ya gotta love it. Right longride?

#14 ·
Jeez, I thought we were bad in Canada for letting DUI's off. I guess it's not any better in the US. 6 times; perhaps a pattern? In Canada the Lawyers and Judges seem to be on crack; they're dismissing solid cases because the suspects shoes could have been in disrepair, that's why he tripped. Not the fact that he'd consumed a couple of 26oz' ers.

Same problem in the US?

#16 ·
The AMA used to say that 99% of the motorcycling public were law abiding, and 1% were the trouble makers. Well, Sturgis attracts about 500,000 people and when 388 arrests are considered it's actually .078%, so I guess we are making a bit of progress lately. Sounds pretty lame to me.

#17 ·
As usual...

....wrong again. The cowboy crowed is much worse than bikers. Just ask a waitress in any town that hosts both rodeos and biker rallies.

The bikers tip better too.

#22 ·
Re: As usual...

you are on fire today, calf scrambler.But I bet you haven't done much more than try to take the handkerchief off the nannygoat's neck with the other toddlers. But I know you have a brother-in-law who could stump train some calves or something, which qualifies you as an expert in this category as well.

#23 ·
Re: As usual...

That's interesting. I wasn't aware that there was a single subject on Earth that you knew anything at all about.

Though, if you got kicked in the head by your cousin/father's mule that would explain a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.