Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice review.. Haven't seen a cell phone like that since Bill was in office.

·
Registered
9 Posts
mo eds,

if you guys have a box full of stuff, and by implication some of it is not up to snuff; how about writing some reviews on the crap out there on the market to help us steer clear before we make the mistake of buying? a negative review is just as valuable as a positive one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jeez, I can go to Walmart & buy Stearns wet weather suit that looks better than that & it works for under $30.00!!!!!!!!!!! (They have a red & lbak one that looks an awful lot like the on in the pics...........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jeez, I can go to Walmart & buy Stearns wet weather suit that looks better than that & it works for under $30.00!!!!!!!!!!! (They have a red & black one that looks an awful lot like the on in the pics...........

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Bich'n

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Kid stuff

On another note: I solved my kid stuff problem.

I bought my son a ladies extra small First Gear textile jacket. It's fully armored and fits him perfectly. I also bought a ladies size 1 Icon denim pant. I had to hem them about 7 inches but at least he has some decent gear now.

He's already bugging me for a road trip!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Kid stuff

"had to hem them about 7 inches but at least he has some decent gear now." I am impressed..

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
It's a nice enough suit but a black with a little red suit is not "safe" To be effective in low light or rainy conditions you need lots of reflective surfaces and a bright yellow or lime green color. Red is actually almost invisible in some lighting conditions so red and black is not a good combo.

Also, those boots are too short to offer any appreciable shin protection. I saw a picture once of some guys leg that was "gloved" or "sleeved", whatever they called it. Basicaly the skin peeled down from hitting something. Made me want to puke I swear. I guess overall I'd say I'm not too impressed though any armored textile suit is better in a wet climate than leather.

In my not overly humble opinion my Hi Viz Aerostitch is the best riding gear I've owned and though it wasn't cheap it works and it fits and you can probably see me a mile or two away, ditto for my Sidi On-Roads...waterproof, good padding and high enough to offer some protection to my shin.

It even has a sleeve pocket for my itty-bitty super whizzo teeny tiny Nokia communicator

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're a pro ksteamy.. (got that from Gray's anatomy i.e mcsteamy LOL) He He..

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Or Brad Allen from SCRAPCO...

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I thought Gabe worked at Cycle Whirld now what gives? The RevIt gloves i have are lovely since i chopped off the gauntlets. My fave gloves are deerskin work gloves from Home Depot $10 on sale...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.