Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These guys rock. Look how close they are in time to the single rider 600 bikes. These bikes or whatever they are have 600cc motors with 2 people on the rig. I wonder what the hp limits are for them versus the supersport class

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would guess they're allowed a little more HP to deal with the extra weight. Or else they just carry corner speed like nothing else...the movable ballast (aka passenger) may help with that.

Whatever...they may not have two wheels but they're great fun to watch...

-a nominal squid-

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re: Sidecar engine configuration detail

I am in no way detracting from Sidecar boy's efforts, they are awesome and very tough lads. They are also very fit, the effort required to pillion in one of these contaptions is huge. I did three laps in one and could even lift my hand to signal the rider I had had enough...

But they aren't 600cc.

The World Championship (Superside) outfits actually have up to 1100cc motors. The rules for tuning are simple, no ceramics, retain original aspiration, ie: no Injection unless fitted as standard on road derivative.

They pump around 200BHP, and will top 190mph.

They have power to weight ratios, 0-60 acceleration and G-Forces that would make an F1 car wilt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.