Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Very cool. Wonder where they got the "blue star" name from? I know this sounds like lefty rhetoric but since we're going to be mired in the middle east for the next few decades, these blue star guys are going to put some miles on those bikes. Hope they don't ride old BSAs...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem.

Very cool. Wonder where they got the "blue star" name from? I know this sounds like lefty rhetoric but since we're going to be mired in the middle east for the next few decades, these blue star guys are going to put some miles on those bikes. Hope they don't ride old BSAs...
They can get Sachi to convert their Beezers into having Goldwinglike reliability.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
"Yes, I switched the carbs to Mikunis, and changed the zeiner diode to a selnium rectifyer from a Honda, put on a CB750 front fork with disc brakes, exchanged the primary chain to an RK double-row unit made in Japan, machined the cases to fit and now it's as reliable as any Japanese bike, and doesn't leak. You don't have any whitworth wrenches laying around, do you?

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
The term "Blue Star" probably comes from the stickers and flags displayed by many parent and/or relatives of servicemembers serving overseas. I believe the practice started in WWII.

The flag/sticker is a white rectangle, with a red border. In the middle are blue 5-pointed stars, one for each family member serving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.