Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Another thing to consider is the availability of accessories. Yamaha's Star line has quite a large number of accessories to customize and upgrade the Warrior. I'm not sure what Suzuki has to offer in that regard, especially since it's a brand new model. Both are fine bikes, though. Go with your heart, not your head and pick the one you like. This is the kind of decision that's best left to emotion, not logic.

BikerVince

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would say the Yamaha just because you can't go wrong with that, but whats with the extra big can? maybe it opens to expose a bed role or something. The Suzuki looks real tough - I just wish they had a better name than "M109R" - I mean what the heck is that? It sounds like a tank or a gun or a Virus - something like that...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the middle of researching a purchase,

The yamaha, 100 lbs lighter, It is going to handle better, has a belt drive and a more managealbe rear tire, Newly updated front brakes and the 5 spoke rims compared to the 3 spoke which I thought looked out of place. However It is only Air cooled and From what I have read doesnt offer anything in the way of wind protetion for speeds over 60 mph. NOT To mention the CAN has got to go. The suzuki has liquid cooling a monstor motor 30 + more HP, Higher rev ceiling and I think it looks better. Draw backs are 100 LBs of extra weight to manage, SHAFT Drive combined with a HUGE rear tire make handling on un even pavement difficult. Cost stock is about the same. but the Yamaha needs some money thrown at it to deal with its inadequcies. I think The suzuki is the way to go as long as you can deal with Shaft drive and the Heft.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I may be biased as I have a Warrior, but the M109 is FUGLY. Plus it has a shaft drive and water cooling (two downsides for me). It is faster, though, and has a stock 240 (a plus for me, I plan to put a 240 on my Warrior).

Yes the water heater exhaust is ugly, but who leaves the stock exhaust on anyway?

If money is an issue, Warriors have been around since 2002, used 02's with mods already done are easily found for $8-9k.

There is good aftermarket support and a great website for the Warrior: www.rswarrior.com

Look in the gallery at all the modded bikes and make your choice.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Of the two I'd take the Warrior even though I'm a big Suzuki fan, I think it's more inline with the cruiser genre`.

Since I'm a total snob though I just can't help feeling a certain distain for metric cruisers, yes they're fast -have more power-cost less-handle better..ad nausuem., I don't care. If I want a bike to cruise on I'll buy a Dyna Superglide, Wide Glide or Low Rider and fit it to my style, which incidently is what I did, or I'd buy a T100 Bonneville or Speedmaster and ride that.

I feel the same way about the pseudo bad-boys in the Yamaha, pardon me, the "Star" motorcycle and Kawasaki ads that I do about the Harley "Lifestyle" riders and MotorClothes drones....I mean c'mon now, it's a motorcycle...get on it and ride it, it's not a fashion accessory or a "lifestyle Choice"..

It's the same as the Seattle Grunge look in the ninety's, flannel shirts keep you warm when it's 55* and raining and you could find them at Goodwill,, Doc Marten's were at that time, cheap and they last forever..cutting the legs off your jeans is what you do when the knees wear out and you can't afford new ones. They look better as shorts than jeans with the knees blown out...it was never meant to be a "look", it was just the stuff you wore 'cause that's what you had....

Alas, I digress......

The question was, Warrior or M109R...get whichever one grabs your goolies, they're both good bikes for what they are.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
So, it's Saturday. Why aren't you out riding?

Oh, I get it. Sunday only, eh?

Don't bother responding. I'm heading out the door and up the canyon.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Damn you hit the nail on the head today Sarnali, especially about the old clothes thing. I was in college with all these kids that had holes in the knees and cut holes in their pants. I told them I wore clothes just like that cause I didn't have any better. I would ask them why would you want to wear something like that if you didn't have to. They would just look at me. The cruiser dress up thing is a joke too. I knew the REAL 1%ers. All the rest of these morons play dress up and don't have a clue. It's funny how the Japanese want to jump into that lifestyle that they despised for so many years. Hell, kids are now wearing bell-bottoms, tie-dyed ****s and peace signs again. Who the hell would have figured we would see that shyt again? What's next?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
With all the time cruiser bikers spend diddly-wonking their machines, I'd get the shaft drive. Not so much road diddle is flung up on the bike, and no chain wonk is needed. I'd get the one that made me tingle in the goinal area. For me that would be neither but enjoy what ever you get.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Don't worry, the 80s are coming back now so break out your leg warmers.

I've already seen some goofballs walking around with their collars flipped up in the back.

That mustache of your just might come back in style! Good thing you kept it!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
What's real funny now up here is all the high school kids dressing like loggers with Carharts, boots and 1/4 zippered denim shirts. I'm not sure what they're wearing in Seattle now but here in the boonies they look like they're going to work not school..

It's funny, I wear pretty much the same stuff all the time and every ten years or so I come back in style....All three of my daughters wear hip hugger bell bottoms and Converse All Stars now with their hoodie sweat shirts and long hair is back on the boys. 'fraid I'm going to have to skip that one since i got more hair on my chin than my head LOL

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.