Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Of the two I'd take the Warrior even though I'm a big Suzuki fan, I think it's more inline with the cruiser genre`.

Since I'm a total snob though I just can't help feeling a certain distain for metric cruisers, yes they're fast -have more power-cost less-handle better..ad nausuem., I don't care. If I want a bike to cruise on I'll buy a Dyna Superglide, Wide Glide or Low Rider and fit it to my style, which incidently is what I did, or I'd buy a T100 Bonneville or Speedmaster and ride that.

I feel the same way about the pseudo bad-boys in the Yamaha, pardon me, the "Star" motorcycle and Kawasaki ads that I do about the Harley "Lifestyle" riders and MotorClothes drones....I mean c'mon now, it's a motorcycle...get on it and ride it, it's not a fashion accessory or a "lifestyle Choice"..

It's the same as the Seattle Grunge look in the ninety's, flannel shirts keep you warm when it's 55* and raining and you could find them at Goodwill,, Doc Marten's were at that time, cheap and they last forever..cutting the legs off your jeans is what you do when the knees wear out and you can't afford new ones. They look better as shorts than jeans with the knees blown out...it was never meant to be a "look", it was just the stuff you wore 'cause that's what you had....

Alas, I digress......

The question was, Warrior or M109R...get whichever one grabs your goolies, they're both good bikes for what they are.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
What's real funny now up here is all the high school kids dressing like loggers with Carharts, boots and 1/4 zippered denim shirts. I'm not sure what they're wearing in Seattle now but here in the boonies they look like they're going to work not school..

It's funny, I wear pretty much the same stuff all the time and every ten years or so I come back in style....All three of my daughters wear hip hugger bell bottoms and Converse All Stars now with their hoodie sweat shirts and long hair is back on the boys. 'fraid I'm going to have to skip that one since i got more hair on my chin than my head LOL

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Harley didn't "Invent" anything. back in the old days poor kids rode Harleys and bad boys rode Brit bikes. The reason most clubs back then rode Harleys is because Harley was the perfect club bike, everything fit everything else so you could keep a Knucklehead running with Panhead parts and keep a Panhead running with Shovelhead parts...between the dozen or so guys in most clubs there'd be enough parts laying around to keep everything else running.

People have adopted a bad boy biker image to try to look cool and Harley is smart enough to market the look and foster an ownership comunity but they didn' "invent" anything, it was just the natural evolution of the lifestyle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.