Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Where I went to school everyone dressed like loggers too, but REALLY like loggers, suspenders, short-cut pants to keep 'em from snagging when setting chokers, loggers boots. I suspect they still are. Of course they weren't actually loggers but their fathers were, and probably they worked on weekends stealing leftovers from clear cuts to sell for firewood. It was a fashion statement that said "I'm a logger baddass." Unfortunately for them after they dropped out the logging industry between Sedro Woolley and Mt.Baker took a massive dive, so now they milk cows in one of the few remaining family farms up there or they sell meth or work at Intalco if they're really lucky.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you like to ride twisties and make a bike your own the Warrior is the way to go. They are easy to work on and the Road Star Warrior forum is full of great guys that can help you mod and figure out problems. The yamaha mini faring although expensive actually helps deflect the wind quite a bit. Plus don't forget about the new model first year problems that always seem to need sorting.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Ya think Gas Prices are going to come down? I don't think so..$3.00/gal is the floor not the ceiling. $4.00 by the end of the summer.. Better trade that BMW in for a hybrid or diesel... or ride to work on your Duc.. I guess you could run diesel in a boat and get a Diesel pusher RV...The future I have been predicting is here Buz....Motorcycles/scooters may become the eco lover choice.. Seen more bikes in the HOV lanes here in Seattle.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Since you've completely missed the point again I'll try to explain it to you.

People do stupid things over things like the price of fuel (which adjusted for inflation still ain't that bad) like trading in their car, taking a huge loss in the process, then paying a premium price for some hybrid car in order to "save money on gas."

Which means that all those fuel burning toys will be availble for the wily purchaser at an enormous discount. There are an awful lot of people who buy high, sell low.

By the way, get a boat that you can trailer cuz gas is much cheaper at the local station than it is at the docks.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Every time I attempt to do something on my own I inevitably screw it up and then take it down to my friend/mechanic's house.

He just looks at me and says, "you do what your best at and let me do what I'm best at."

I'll keep trying though!

Just try calling some of your local shops and say "two-stroke" and all you hear is a click and a dial tone.

There is a local wrench that specializes in CBXs though. My brain just won't let me pay more than the original price for one! There's got to be a little old lady with one.....somewhere.

21 - 40 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.