Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
This is certainly bad news for Suzuki, as well as those (seems to be quite a few here) who are considering the SV1000 as their next bike.

I wonder if this applies to all SV1000s or only US market. If world-wide, this is a huge business loss for Suzuki, as I expect it would have been a much bigger seller in Europe than here.

Damn

Bob

·
Registered
242 Posts
followup

Because i was interested in the naked SV1000 I wanted to see if I could verify this rumor. I called three Suzuki dealerships in the Atlanta area and was told by all of them that they hadn't been informed of any delay at this time. I hope it's not true. I'll be pissed off if it is.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: followup

Kinda make you wonder if the original dealer here is not just blowin' smoke to cover the fact that he screwed up and didn't order any unfaired models (or maybe the faired ones have a better profit margin).

·
Registered
273 Posts
Part of the reason I was considering the unfaired SV1000 was the fact that it is not 'sexy'. After having my last bike stolen, I don't want to ever experience that again. I'm not waiting until July or later, so I think I'll just get an FZ1 or ZRX. Too bad for Suzuki.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts

I just put 50 miles on her. I've got to go pick up my son from school and he will be with me for the next five days so the bike will have to sit.

It's 85 degrees here and I'm cruising down the beach on a 03 Glide with Bob Marley pumping through the speakers. I told admirers that Harley's don't smoke, that was a big bong hit exhaling through the pipes!

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you want an unfaired big bore bike and you still want a Suzuki, have you considered the Bandit 1200? I must admit a personal bias for Bandits (mine's a 600S), and although I personally think they look sexy, hopefully the local thieves won't...

Remeber: It's always easier to do things the hard way first. Chango

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have definitely considered the 1200 bandits. I was pretty hot after getting one for a while. Unfortunately, most dealers have a hard time selling them so the majority of the bikes in shops are the ones built in 2001 or earlier (including the 2002 model year bikes). The reason this is so bad is that the 1200 bandits made at that time have a pretty good chance of containing faulty pistons. This has caused many many bikes to burn oil at a rate of a quart every 600-1000 miles. On top of that Suzuki is very reluctant to fix this under warranty and claims that a quart per 1000 miles is within specifications. I don't know about you, but if I wanted a new bike that used oil like that then I'd buy a Harley;)

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
It's a pretty small percentage of Bandit's that burn oil, My '01 1200s doesn't, and I was under the impression that Suzuki was stepping up on the ones that did smoke, bad publicity and all, I guess. Personnaly I find the SV1000 S and nekkids to be less than I had hoped for, If you want a 1000 twin Suzuki, the V-Strom would be my choice, but still after 23k. on my Bandito I would buy another one in a heartbeat, maybe a nekkid this time, when your talkin' bang for buck do it all bikes you can't beat a Bandit.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts

Let's see, 85 degrees, brand new bike in the shed that you only put 50 miles on and your Peckin' away on the commputer,,,,,, yep,, your a Harley guy!!!!, [just f***n' with ya'] congrats on your new bike!!, maybe your son would like a ride? it's 40 and poin' ass rain here, has been for a week, my wife wants to bail back to Oklahoma,,,,,tempting,,,,,, Congrats on the bike,, sounds spliffy !

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.