Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
What timing. I was just at Honda of Salt Lake casting lustful eyes at a new blue SV1000 last weekend. Since Triumph has closed down the only dealership in Utah I'm going to forget the Speed Triple and look for another ride. The SV1000 is on the short list.

Now all I have to do is convince my wife that I actually need 5 motorcyles. I know! I'll tell her that since I have an inline four and a V-four and two singles that I need a V-Twin to achieve cosmic balance with the universe.

Think that'll work?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re:closing dealers

I've no desire to drive all the way to Reno to get parts for a Speed Triple.

Well, I've already got a shaftdrive Bandit.. even though it is a bit heavy. Still it's a great sporttouring bike so I'm gonna hang onto it for two-up tours and my daily 85 mile I-15 commute. It simply blows away my buddy's ST1100.

But it's too darned heavy for twistie or around town work. My 700 Magna is good around town and light one-up touring, but isn't a sportbike by any stretch of the imagination.

So I'm in the market for something like an SV1000. I agree that the "S" sucks with it's clip-on bars. The naked SV allows handlebar changes or aftermarket windshields. The crappy seat is easily fixed at the local upholstery shop. I really like the big performance V-twins, but Ducatis and Aprilias are too expensive. So I'm seriously considering the SV1000.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re:just a thought

Same problem as the SV1000S. clip on bars. I'm also leery about the honda's breaking frame problems on the bike.

The only motorcycles that I've ever owned that blew up are Honda and Ducati. I'm still reluctant to buy either of the brands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.