Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking at several bikes and i want to do my homework if i can. Hows does the SV650 work out for most people? I am 6'4", will i fit? any tips/suggestions?

how about this bike particularly?

sv_forsale.htm

this will be a commuter bike for me. no long distance traveling yet. just trying to save money on gas

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
As they said the Buick ad: "Ask the man who owns one!" The guy selling the bike said: "Yeah, I needed a slightly bigger bike but I love the performance of this one so much, I couldn't face going cold-turkey. So, I bought myself a DL650 (VStrom). It's a little bigger, a little less agile, a lot uglier but it still has the v-twin soul of the SV."

So, at 6'4" maybe you should look into a DL650 too.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
A LOT of people like the SV650. Even more seem to like the VStrom. As Ken said, it would actually be a better bike for you -- and it's got a sort of funky cuteness once you get used to that kind of look. ;) Check it out!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Light beams from above, angels singing. " It's one of the trinity, don't ya know".

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
No reviews of SV650s are required. They are infallible and divine.
Just three Letters: VFR

The mere mention strikes Fear into the black hearts of Beemer-radenisti everywhere.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Nerts on the VFR. If you're gonna, get the British version: Sprint ST!

Almost a Jeepster - +1 on the SV650; +2 on the Wee-strom since you are freakishly tall.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm 6' and my SV ('01 naked) fits me very well for any kind of riding. Every now and then I consider getting a new bike, but then I come to my senses. However, your extra 4" may make it a tighter fit - why don't you just go sit on one (or better, take a test ride)? It won't tell you everything, but it might help some.

Depending on where you need extra room, you can put on more forward bars and change the rise or move the footpegs too. My bike also sits a little higher in the rear than stock after some suspension work.

·
Registered
872 Posts
i'm 6'3" and i had an sv650s for years

I loved it. I finally sold it because it had many many miles on it and my commute is 44 miles now, and my wife bought that as an excuse for me to buy a new bike, but it would have lasted forever. I loved it, it fit me great.

I now ride a superhawk which is basically the same bike as the sv650s but much faster and better suspension, neither of which I really need but hey, why not.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I loved it. I finally sold it because it had many many miles on it and my commute is 44 miles now, and my wife bought that as an excuse for me to buy a new bike, but it would have lasted forever. I loved it, it fit me great.

I now ride a superhawk which is basically the same bike as the sv650s but much faster and better suspension, neither of which I really need but hey, why not.
What is your inseam? I am 6'5" with a 36" inseam and I couldn't get my thighs under the upper edges of the tank contours on the SuperHawk, resulting in the tank digging into my thigh. Thoughts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.