Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re: You're right

I know, I took it as a joke, I was just clarifying for any of the other reader who might think I fit into the "sanctimonious prick" category of SV riders. Hah! Catch you later-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: here ya go

Hey Flaco,

enjoyed your articles about the mods to your well used SV. After 3 years of riding a Shadow 600 (which I still love and is for sale, but I don't really want get rid of it cause it's still a bike that gives me warm fuzzies) I too am now the owner of a nice shiny SV650 "S". Does this sound dumb? I bought it cause I thought it would be a great day to day bike(yes, that means I ride daily to work), though I knew I'd be sacrificing the most comfortable ergos your gonna get on any bike. Funny thing is, it IS a great day to day bike. You CAN actually control it at a snail's pace with no prob. Then, like wow, traffic clears and you go from 10MPH to 70MPH in like 3 seconds!!!! And let me hug my tree, I fill up the tank and discover that I averaged 58MPG. No wonder "they" hate us.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: SV Owners Collectively Awarded Sanctimonious Prick Award

Well there you go, you rode an FZ1 instead of a Bandit [I hope you washed your hands], While I admit stock the bandit does sound like a sewing machine, a pipe and snorkle-ectomy will cure that and give it some air. 4 cylinder vibes feel different than V-twin vibes, but unless the carbs are a mile off it shouldn't be too bad, seeing and hearing your bike from someone elses is fun, My bud has a 900 ninja that I've rode,,, just makes my bandit seem that much better

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.