Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
For one thing, the $12k is a price nobody has had to pay except the ones who placed their order before the bike arrived in showrooms. the $12k price was just a marketing thing becaus the 12 had to list for a higher price than the 9.

As far as the quality goes, that is bullsh!t splattered around by Motorcyclist. The bike isn't built like a faberge egg, but it is certainly in line with other japanese bikes in the $10,000 price range. For one thing, it is no worse built than a CBR929RR.

I am shocked at the unprofessional behaviour of some magazines and its unproportional impact of buyers. I have ridden both the ZX12 and the hayabusa. They both have strengths and weaknesses. They are close enough in quality and performance that any prospective buyer can make the decision based on the personality of each bike, the looks, brand loyalty, balance of sportiness vs. comfort etc. Yet, listen to the journos and watch the way the magazines dismissed the 12 off hand but can't stop pathetically fawning over the hayabusa, and I can't help but think that these people are far from un-prejudiced, emotionaly-detached judges.

I don't bother reading many magazines and I don't think much of comparison tests, any more not even on MO. The magazines represent the prejudice and frailty of the journos, not fact or wise judgement.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Re: Here we go......

Additionally... This country has believed for a long time that speech should be free. Therefore, chasj1 has the right to express his displeasure at someone using his deity's name in vain, and others have the right to tell him to take a flying leap. Personally I believe that if you want free speech (and I do) then you have to take the bad with the good. That's just the way it works. Appealing to people's better natures is foolish or worse, since on the whole, they haven't got one. Now all of you quit bickering and read your motorcycle magazine, another product of free speech.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like Honda is/was using at Daytona to create turbulent airflow over the riders shoulders... you think that Kawi would be using the crystals?? (... it was supposed to be funny -- sorta takes the fun out of the joke when you have to explain it...)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: GAAACK!!!!

Elton!- your bike is ready

Wear the silver lame jumpsuit.

Sling a Gretsch guitar over your back- same finish.

ride out into the sunshine

blind everyone in the entire world.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This article needs a Hell-of-a-lot more of anything substantive.

Where's the factual reporting?

No, not ET's or even trap speeds. We're talking about whether or not

that green bottle on the table is a Heinikins. And what, for us

unwashed masses, is a Swarovski and why should we care? And, MO photog,

nice butt shot, but please explain the phallic symbol offset and why

you couldn't finangle a few more degrees of (lateral) displacement.

Inquiring minds want to know ... otherwise, GOOGLE

·
Registered
65 Posts
When I saw this bike on the table of contents, I thought it was a hot-rodded ZX-12R painted white. Nope, it's something from the ivory-tower art & fashion set. Maybe now Christo will wrap a ZX-12 in cloth. Preferably the same one...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Senseless Swarovski ZX-12R

Dangerous ... I can't imagine combining the open class brute force of a 12R with 50000 pointed little chunks of glass ... gives a whole new meaning to road rash.

And cleaning (ugh!) ... do you use Armour-all or Windex? I'll leave it up to the maid

41 - 60 of 67 Posts