Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
So is the reverse true as well? Those who don't work on their own motorcycles are nuts?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Yes, motorcycles themselves are therapeutic. But somebody needs to get that boy off the streets and on to a racetrack before he kills himself or someone else. Maybe he needs to be taught the rules of engagement for civilian life.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I'd love to see stats on how many bikers kill women and old people every year versus how many bikers are killed by women and old people every year.

When I see a woman driving a Volvo, I feel like a hot chick in a parking garage at 2 am.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Quote: "Almost anything is better than therapy, and motorcycles are better than almost anything, so syllogistically speaking, yeah."

Well, it's 8:50 a.m., and I doubt I'm going to hear anything smarter than this all day. Think I'll go home.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Ya gotta love those professional pushers. My wife decided she was ADHD and a 15 minute 'therapy' session later and she had a bottle of speed. Luckily she's given up on that idea. Therapy is a load of sh!t.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
I hope the article generates enough attention that someone donates the man a bike. Wish I had one to give him. The story reminds me of "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance." I read it because I thought it had something to do with bikes...but of course bikes were only the frame into which the philosophical thesis was put. A terrific book, I may re-read it myself if it's still in print.

·
Registered
720 Posts
What do you think?

That we can send a million men and women off to an incredibly savage and bloody conflict that has no rules or chance for success and then, when they come back, tell them, "OK, now it's time to be a nice little worker drone again"? and expect them to just shut off all the weird and horrible things they learned/did/saw there?

And do you think this guy hasn't had all kinds of classes, sessions and meetings designed to do just that?

I'm proud that I can also call myself a Marine, as this kid is doing pretty good, I think. And I'm equally ashamed of all the so-called "patriots" who supported this war without either enlisting themselves (if they could) or really thinking about the consequences of the war, which, I'm sad to say, are just now showing their scaly little hides to us. We swore up and down in the 70s and 80s that we'd never have another Vietnam, and what do we have?

Sorry to get so serious, and I appreciate what you're saying, but this war makes me insane with grief, guilt and anger.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: What do you think?

Apparently.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts

The guys pretty hardcore I hope things work out for him, he certainly paid his dues.

Chickenhawk flag wavers and armchair generals aren't fit to carry this kids lunch.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts

Nor hysteric chickendoves who undercut his mission and give encouragement to his enemy when they should be signing up for the Peace Corps instead of just flapping their defeatist gums.

And that concludes my participation in this thread.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts

I don't wish to find myself too far out of the mainstream of politcal thought here Gabe, but I find myself agreeing with every word of your post.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

Maybe. but sadly all you gotta do it change that R behind Bush's name to a D and 90% of the anti-war people will become it's greatest supporters overnight.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts

"And I'm equally ashamed of all the so-called "patriots" who supported this war without either enlisting themselves (if they could) or really thinking about the consequences of the war, which, I'm sad to say, are just now showing their scaly little hides to us."

Isn't that the Liberal flip side of the "America: Love it or leave it" slogan? So nobody can support a war that doesn't fight in it themselves? Is that what you are saying? Any cause that anyone can take up has to live it themselves, or drop their support? So the "no war for oil" people have to quit driving, right?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts

Yeah, just check out all the Dem support Slick Willy got for bombing Serbia. Since it's only Serbs that died, it didn't count as a 'real war' here.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

Algor has 3 homes and flies everywhere in a private jet. Barbara Striesand lives in a mansion but tells people to go back to washing clothes by hand. Nancy Pelosi rides around in an armored SUV. Diane Feinstein carries a .38 snubby in her purse. LOL!

Elitist hypocrite snobs.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I get the grief and anger parts, but I can't say I feel guilty ( I vote libertarian anyway.) The fact is that there are a billion or so people out there who want us dead, and want our way of life to go the way of the dodo. I was not convinced, and remain unconvinced that invading Iraq was the way to address that, however, I am convinced that it does need to be addressed. Unfortunately, I haven't heard any good suggestions from either side of the aisle. Now that we are there though, it only becomes another Vietnam if we split before the job is finished.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.