Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Re: What do you think?

I too vote libertarian, but I still feel guilty that my country has become the worlds hegemon. Our forefathers had it right when they espoused a policy of no foreign entanglements. I'm reasonably certain that the vast majority of those billion people are unhappy with us for mucking around in their national affairs.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts

What exactly does our continued presence in Iraq have to do with our national security, or the so called war on terror? The US spends more money on "defense than all of the other countries in the world combined. Is it possible that we might "guarantee the continuing safety of, at a minimum, the citizens of the US" if we deploy most of our vast military in our own country? Let's not even get started on the bungling going on in Afghanistan. If the US was really interested in riding the world of the Al Queda leadership we would have already leveled Waziristan, but then "our" (sic) government would have to find a new hobgoblin to frighten the masses into submission with. Wouldn’t they?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts

In case you didn't notice Gabe I was being facetious. I am in an absolute and complete agreement with you on this one. Sorry to hear about the problems with your wife. Best regards, Van

·
Registered
1,833 Posts

Actually I do believe that this administration as well as some previous administrations are complicit in the events of 9/11. I personally do not trust "our" (sic) government's machinations anymore than I trust those of Osama Bin Ladin's. I believe that the current administration as well as the past several is capable of the most Machiavellian maneuvers to accomplish their desired objectives, tiered licensing and helmet laws included.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.