Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
What do you think?

That we can send a million men and women off to an incredibly savage and bloody conflict that has no rules or chance for success and then, when they come back, tell them, "OK, now it's time to be a nice little worker drone again"? and expect them to just shut off all the weird and horrible things they learned/did/saw there?

And do you think this guy hasn't had all kinds of classes, sessions and meetings designed to do just that?

I'm proud that I can also call myself a Marine, as this kid is doing pretty good, I think. And I'm equally ashamed of all the so-called "patriots" who supported this war without either enlisting themselves (if they could) or really thinking about the consequences of the war, which, I'm sad to say, are just now showing their scaly little hides to us. We swore up and down in the 70s and 80s that we'd never have another Vietnam, and what do we have?

Sorry to get so serious, and I appreciate what you're saying, but this war makes me insane with grief, guilt and anger.

·
Registered
720 Posts
You think so, huh?

Is that way LBJ didn't run in '68? And why Lieberman lost the Democratic primary last year? Your argument makes no sense and has no basis in fact. (sorry if I sound like you-know-who)

Even a majority of Republicans are now opposed to this war. It's not a liberal/conservative issue anymore. Thank God!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Kind of...

That's sort of what I'm saying, but not 100%. It's one thing to support a policy like free trade or wetlands protection, but supporting a war that you don't want to fight in yourself (if you are able to do so) is morally reprehensible; if you don't want to fight in that war, and nobody else does (and believe me, although there are plenty of hard-core folks in the military that really believe in what they're doing in Iraq and Afghanistan, the majority DO NOT and just want to survive long enough to go home) that reflects a selfish lack of character that I find repugnant.

If it's important enough for somebody else to die for, you should be willing to die for it yourself. We've fought wars like that. This is not one of them, and it never was from the word go. I have yet to see a shred of evidence to the contrary

·
Registered
720 Posts
Re: What do you think?

Man! Did you get grudge-holding lessons from my wife, or what?

Honestly, being called outside the mainstream of political thought of Americans is a compliment, in my mind. Look at the pack of pimps, sycophants and morons they sent to Washington DC and all the state capitols. What's even more amazing is how we got involved in a war nobody besides ten or 15 neoconservative zealots wanted. Historians will be looking at this one a long, long time after the VA sends out its last disability check in 80 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.