Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Tamada San wraps up a perfect weekend

Congrats to Troy C. , it's a top effort by anyone to

make it to the podium at Sugo against the local boys, must feel even better to be 42 points ahead of Colin this early in the season, well done !

·
Registered
23 Posts

Yep, Corser is tough, alright. That he finished 6th in race 2 with the rear tire problem is amazing, IMHO. A smart rider. He knew he wasn't going to win so he just tried to as many points as he could. Job done.

Man, the Castrol Honda team must be wondering when the nightmare is going to end. Engine problems the first two events. Then when things were going well for them last week at PI the weather wouldn't cooperate. This week they apparently had serious tire problems. I'm sure they're wondering what they did to anger the racing gods.

That Tamada sure is . "Oh it's not local knowledge or tire setup, we're just so good here in Japan!" Yeah, right buddy. OK Honda, get him in the championship next year and let's see how he does in Europe.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I agree they must be wanting to wake up from the nightmare, but strongly believe it was only the great cooperation of the weather that allowed the Hondas to do so well down in Oz. Take a motor that has been failing, reduce power 10% or so, and voila, instant reliability. The SP2 probably is a better bike than the SP1, but it looks like the duc and aprilia have made even more progress this year. Standard manufacturers leapfrogging one another. Maybe Edwards isn't as hungry this year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Come on Come on,

their bikes are no better than the WSB bikes (or otherwise the WSB guys would have them, far more important to have the best bikes racing on the world stage as opposed to hiding better bikes away in japan and only bringing them out for this one meeting a year) What they have is track time and plenty of it. It is a big deal really because these guys are going to be the next generation of racers for you to sit back and complain about and all dues to them. Japan is the only country that puts up really good quality top class riders and bikes to give the WSB boys a real run for their money. Any of the WSB riders will tell you that to race in Japan against these guys is the best. If they can beat them in front of the head honchos of japanese racing then it makes them look all the better. You know in japan the WSB guys are regarded as real heros (christ Aaron Slight even has a fully leathered up doll which sells like hot sushi), no one puts them down or slags them off they are treated with reverence and high esteem. These guys race at this track once a year and consistently keep getting faster and faster, something I would wager a bet you couldn't do from your couch.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Your right Tomada probably wouldn't be good next year, but the next year watch out. In fact you will probably never see him in WSB, I would say that he will go straight into F1. Hey he's only 25 and he dropped the lap record at Sugo twice in as many laps! Thats balls man.

·
Registered
237 Posts

It would seem that the filter is pretty dumb, and doesn't check the *whole* word. The other day, in one of my posts, it bleeped c-u-m-u-l-a-t-i-v-e, fer cryin' out loud. I'm guessing that any discussion of s-h-i-t-a-k-e mushrooms is right out.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Maybe Tamada races so often at Sugo he can ride the track in the dark without lights, but his biggest advantage, at least in the race I saw, is that he appears to be a phenomenal rider. At least in the race I saw (race 1,) he was motoring away so smoothly from the rest of the pack that it seemed like his bike had twenty extra horsepower. But then I noticed several occasions when I swore he nearly threw it away. It didn't faze him at all; he never slowed, never backed down, and never panicked. He was literally licking the glue on the flap at the edge of the envelope. Of course, lots of the other riders were riding just as hard, but they were going slower. Then it occurred to me that he just might be really talented. I think they guy is probably a future world champ.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Consonents on the end of all riders' names?

Pretty sick and tired of the darn English commentators doing a hack job of pronouncing everyone's names. There's no R at the end of Tomada's name, for pete's sake. You'd think being broadcast worldwide they's take the 10 minutes time to ask the locals how to say someone's name properly. Or is it just English hubris?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kawas on the podium

Hopefully, Kawasaki will now stop b*tching about how their 750s can't compete against the liter twins. Tamada rode really well, but Izutsu and Serizawa were competitive on their green machines.

Kawasaki needs to shut up and put up the money to hire better riders.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Kawas on the podium

good point. Kawi looks dead in the water cause they have an old bike and then at Sugo Kawi is always at the front! don't get it. They have better tuners in Japan? better riders??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well you don't know very much do you. The Japanese race 5 times a year at Sugo and their equipment is often using newer specced parts than even the world SBK boys - the All Japan Superbike Championship is the most prestigious series as far as the Japanese manufacturers are concerned. Japanese tracks are very different in design to European circuits which makes local knowledge even more important. And finally it's tyres - only Dunlop shod bikes performed - that's why Bostrom did so well in the second race and Bayliss did poorly all weekend - look at their results this year and you'd have to admit that Troy is the (slightly) better rider. Take Tamada out of Japan and he'll struggle for a couple of years.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.