Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my acquaintances decided to finally ride his garage-ornament to work today. Rather than mess with strapping his laptop bag to the bike, he tossed the computer into his handy-dandy tank bag. Whodathunkit, those giant magnets that do such a great job of holding the bag to the tank are also excellent at degaussing hard drives. All the bits on his hard drive are now neatly arranged rows of 0's. All the 1's went away.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
One of my acquaintances decided to finally ride his garage-ornament to work today. Rather than mess with strapping his laptop bag to the bike, he tossed the computer into his handy-dandy tank bag. Whodathunkit, those giant magnets that do such a great job of holding the bag to the tank are also excellent at degaussing hard drives. All the bits on his hard drive are now neatly arranged rows of 0's. All the 1's went away.
Magnets + Hard Drive = BAD IDEA! I hope he had his stuff backed up, or it's AMF for that!

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
That may be one of the funniest things I've read all morning. You know what will fix that pesky storage problem- go to the REI website and pick a messanger bag out. Mine is waterproof and doesn't obstruct operation of the bike. They're wonderfully simplistic.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Geeks,...I put volt meters, wrench's and cans of penetrating oil in mine all the time and they still work....

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Geeks,...I put volt meters, wrench's and cans of penetrating oil in mine all the time and they still work....
In the olden days, you'd never hear:

"ArrrrrrrRRRRRGH! My tankbag erased my Notebook! No, it literally took an eraser, and rubbed-out the notes I spent HOURS copying-down for my Chemistry, Biology, Nukular Physicks, and Sex-Ed Classes!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.