Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
``After 7 months of research and development along with 3000km of road testing, Tank quality control has inspected and the research results in aspects of technology, safety measures, and performance,'' said Tank CEO Jiangyong Ji.

Translation, we can safely consume 15% of the available alcohol without being too inebriated to ride. Way to go boys, keep up the heady research!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Seems like the idea is limited by the availability of this ethanol mix. A quick search didn't turn up a lot of sources in the Portland area. Am I missing something obvious (like usual)?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yep, you're in Portland. Distribution of E85 is still low, mainly in the midwest where there's laws about it to help out the farmers who grow corn.

It's not going to catch on, so I wouldn't sweat it.

--The Fox

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Hey, just because it takes three gallons of gas to make one gallon of the stuff doesn't mean it won't catch on.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Don't forget that "raising awareness" counts, too. So if you write a letter to your newspaper about how awful Global Warming is, you get to burn more fuel.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Well that's not true, but if what you mean is that it will never replace gas, that's clear enough. Just not feasible to make the stuff in large enough quantities. Every little bit helps keep prices down though.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Ethanol has nearly the same amount of carbon as gas. Just more oxygen. But far be it to me to decry your lifestyle choices.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Honestly, there's so much conflicting information about it that I really don't know. But as always, TANSTAAFL applies.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Tank Sports is a leading company that develops, engineers, and markets high performance on-road motorcycles and scooters, as well as off-road all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), dirt bikes and Go Karts through OEMs in China. It utilizes the so-called 'China Concept' to participate in the $31.5 billion annually (data: Motor Industry Council) motorcycle/ATV market.

I'm guessing that the term 'China concept' means a system whereby worthless throwaway junk is produced and marketed to suckers in a nice shiny package,

·
Registered
730 Posts
I would like to point out there is a beverage in Japan named "Pocari Sweat" that is hugely popular. As lot of Asia stuff just doesn't translate.

--Foxy

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Only if you show up late to all your meetings and refuse to respond to any questions.

Flying around in a private jet and owning 3 homes and having a $10K/month utility bill qualifies you as 'carbon neutral' too, apparently.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Damn, I know its a troll but my fingers just can't stop typing ...

"worthless throway junk is produced and marketed to suckers in a nice shiny package" sounds a lot like Milwaukee concept.

Ah. Its done now, I feel better.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.