Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Perfect Thread Title

Luckily the Tesla cars have a data logging system. They did a dump on it and found that the guy simply ran out the charge by taking side trips and failing to plug it in to charge overnight. Musk said "if you run a gas car out of fuel, who's fault is that?"

In their rebuttal to Musk's comments, the Times said "The bottom line is that you can't treat an electric car the same way you do a gas car." F'ing geniuses, they are.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Wow the data logs on the "S" show even more than just careless handling of the car's charging:

"Elon Musk, the chief executive of the Tesla car company, strongly disagrees about what happened. In a blog post Wednesday night, he used the driving logs to state that Mr. Broder misrepresented what happened on the test drive.
"Our Model S never had a chance with John Broder," he wrote

Mr. Musk said that, along the way, Mr. Broder unplugged the car before it was fully charged, drove faster than he claimed and drove around in circles to deliberately run down the battery.

And, he added, "He simply did not accurately capture what happened and worked very hard to force our car to stop running." Mr. Musk released screen shots of the car driving logs to reinforce his points."

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Someone's lying but I don't think it's the guy who wrote the article. Other moto-journalists have had the same experience with this electric shyt. And it's all shyt.
So how do you explain Motor Trend, one of the most respected auto jounals in country, naming the S their "Car of the Year?" Or Automobile Magazine, a less-known, but equally well-respected journal, also naming it Car of the Year? Or my December copy of Car and Driver, that had a 5-page feature story on the S that had nothing but praise for it, not as an electric car, but as an outstanding automobile overall?

Let me guess: Obama has targeted them with his Communist Mind Control Rays, leaving them in a zombie state under his direct control when they type their articles. It's so obvious now...

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Yeah, but what would they 'charge' them with!?

HAR! I kill me!

My buddy called me yesterday, and said he had just seen the "Ultimate Optimist".

He saw a Smart car with a receiver hitch!
Like Pistorius' lawyer said about pleading not guilty? "You don't have a leg to stand on!"

I have a receiver hitch on the Mini that gets some comments. It's for my bike rack and a carry-all tray. Probably the same for the Smart car.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
A left wing rag is trying to sell papers by saying electric cars suck?

You had your chance and bought a 20 year old replica. That's all we really needed to know.

I hope Daryl Hannah blames the next hurricane on you.
This might be difficult for you to grasp, but not all of us have $20 large to drop on any bike we feel like buying. Or the scratch to own 3 or 4 at a time. I think the Multistrada is an amazing bike. Didn't buy one. The ZX14...same thing. I even think your Yuppiecycle/6 is cool, but I didn't buy one of those either. Does that mean they're no good? Hardly. I'm buying the bike that checks the most boxes at a price I can afford.

If me personally not buying an electric bike is the best argument against them you can come up with, I'd say Brammo and Zero don't have s thing to worry about.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I would have made the same decision.

Good for you. Smart move.

But, if the "true believers" won't stretch and sacrifice, I don't see either one of them around much longer.

You could buy some stock and prove me wrong but we know you won't be doing that either.
"Buy some stock." You kill me Buzz.

When you make a casual bet, it's for $10,000, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Of course, you drive a 40 year old replica car and now a 40 year old replica bike. So I guess "emerging" technology doesn't mean much to you.
The only thing the Mini and Honda have in common with their ancestors is appearance. The technology on both is completely modern. But you already knew that.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
A Prius gets double the mileage at a lower cost but I guess the environment isn't really one of the buttons you press.
Yeah, my Mini is a poster-child for extravagent energy use. It barely averages over 30mpg! Not to mention the hassle of trying to squeeze the thing into parking spots, "Green" people yelling at me when I'm gassing up...it's embarassing.

At least I have friends at the weekend mud-bogs and truck-pull meets who understand.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
If God Had Intended for Man to Drive Electric Cars

He never would have put Elon Musk on the job:

Tesla sales beating Mercedes, BMW and Audi - May. 13, 2013

"In fact, in the first quarter of this year, more people bought a Tesla Model S than bought any of the similarly priced gasoline-powered cars from the top three German luxury brands, according to data from LMC Automotive. About 4,750 bought a Model S while just over 3,000 bought Mercedes' top-level sedan."

"Consumer Reports came out and called the Model S the best car that it had ever tested. (It's overall performance was "off the charts," according to the magazine's head of auto testing, but it only earned 99 out of a possible 100 points because it can't be driven extremely long distances without recharging.)"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.