Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: The 2006 Monterey Odd Bike Auction

What? No 350 Honda twins? Not an auction I'd want to attend....

No Go-Devils either. WTF?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great to see HD unveiled their new sportbike! The yellow Duc style trellis frame looks hot with the classic HD orange body panels, and the Telelever style front end with that wild yellow six-spoke and hub-centric brake oughta make this the best handling Harley ever!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Hello classic bike sellers. A bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. It isn't worth some delusional value that you "believe" it's worth. I have a feeling that someone is going to be waiting forever to get $500K for that Duck.

I gotta admit, though, that 750 6-cylinder Benelli would look cool in my living room.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I like bikes but I must confess the hottest thing I saw was dresed in a tartan shirt. Who is paying top dollar for these piles anyway? There were even some Maico offroaders that I wouldn´t pick up if I found them in a ditch. "Every bike has a story" yeah right but do you want to put serious money for a story.

- cruiz-euro

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is that the guy with the "Vintage Barber" hat? Looks like Marty Tripes....

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Junior Samples impersonator.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it was the bib overalls...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I think Motorcyclist is in need of new leadership... i.e. his last few columns have been about getting old and scared of riding... When I buy the rag you can have his job... wait a sec I'll buy MO first and we will run Motorsissylist out of buiness..yep ..

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
last few? Fug it is like Andy Williams and Moon River—theme song. I c on masthead they have new Creative Director all of a sudden. alex Hearn was Ed. of Performance Bikes 7 or 8 years ago when it was like the best bike mag going. Hmmmm?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Yeah, I've noticed this, too. When I pick up the mag, I'm always a little excited about reading about bikes. Then I read his column and I'm a little depressed.

Now I just usually avoid it.

I think a hostile takeover is in order. Then we install Burns as Dictator and Grand Poobah.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.