Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hah! Those whacky Germans are at it again. ONLY 281 mph @ 44% power? And "Giant Radio Robots Play Ice Hockey At 300mph!!" (from Bruce McCall's Zany Afternoons - don't get me started again....

But they make it so easy.

Do I smell investment opportunity? After all, don' we need some losses to offset those gains in this "terrible" economy?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've already seen a similar vehicle on Discovery Channel a long time ago. That one was gas powered though.

The thing I don't like about them is that you sit in it like a car?! What's the point?! If I want to sit and drive it like it's a car, I'll drive a car.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Interesting design exercise. However, it won't probably have as much impact as the Segway (snicker) Remember the internet chatter and prehype about how the Segway was going to be the next revolution in personal travel. Put this one in the 3 wheeled car category.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the investment train for a company that has typos in their investment pages:

First driving experiances in our streamliners we gathered with Version 2 from Summer 2003 onwards.
Nevermind that Tarzan also had slightly better syntax.

Finally, what's with using code-names that exactly mimic the lockheed contract for protoyping re-useable space launch vehicles?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah, that's what I thought when I read about it in MCN. I kept asking myself how much I might be willing to pay for this as I read the article, thinking maybe it's $40-50,000, and just about choked when I got to the half-million Euro price. Maybe I'll settle for a 'busa powered Texas ceegar replica. Or wait for the Chinese knock off.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Crazy People Are Important Too!

I'm glad there are crazy people like this in the world. Every now and then one of them proves to be a genius as well as insane and we get useful technological leaps from them.

At age 12 I was convinced I could convert a derelict cement mixing hopper into an amphibious car (pedal powered, since I didn't have a license). I wound up with a decent go-cart as an evolution of the same project, but without my cement hopper.

I do think he needs to double check his power calculations and throw in some aerodymanic resistance this time.

Go crazy guy go!!!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
This is just another answer to a question that no one asked.

(Although, that's okay if they come up with something really cool)

Basically, it's a foot-forward motorcycle like the Alligator or the Quasar, albeit an extremely high-speed one. But what good is 280 mph "motorcycle" to just about everyone? I know, it's a design excercise and mainstream production vehicles wouldn't need as much power. But then, what's really the point? Motorcyclists aren't likely to warm to this thing and dedicated cagers wouldn't dare switch to two wheels--too scary.

And a lowside looks like it would be very, very expensive.

Hey, for those that didn't know, I'm pretty sure that the "training wheels" automatically retract when the vehicle gets to a speed where it can balance on two wheels. They re-deploy when the vehicle slows to almost a stop. Either that, or they'll have to use the Flintstone method. I've seen another design that is very much like this one with the retracting wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pretty, fast, and nicely streamlined, but really just another "foot forward" or "feet forward" motorcycle.

Bikelinks Foot Forward

Check out the Swiss built, BMW powered, Peraves ECO MOBILE.

Some folks might note that some "cruisers" and many scooters are "FF motorcycles", too. Helix, anyone?

Some "cruisers" and many scooters are FF Motorcycles, too. Helix anyone?

·
Registered
152 Posts
just what I was thinkin, and photoshopped poorly @ that, the concept has merit in that the only two factors in top speed are drg coeficient and horsepower, but a 1000 meter .68mile speed of 248 mph when a top fuel dragster is doing 3 and change in less than half the distance leaves something to be desired

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.