Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I submitted this info on Tuesday or so. It's the right thing to do. Turn 600 Supersport class into a privateer effort and run the Factory guys in FX and Superbike.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Confusing and boring.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
That would actually be fun to watch.

It would be really loud with a ton of sparks flying.

Half the field would catch fire.

Give the riders baseball bats with rusty nails at the end and maybe throw in a chain saw or two and it would get some top notch ratings.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Howzabout "ksmouldering"?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Ah, but The GMP predicted this early tomorrow-afternoon, and doing-so "scooped" you on it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Nothing the A.M.A. does surprises me anymore. I've come to expect little from them and they deliver. I've seen World Champions come over to race (and Win) in the Daytona 200. The race used to be one that would be a career highlight win, now it's a "FX" (support class) race.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
kpaul predicts and then it happens

kpaul, the GMP, does it again, the list goes on

More predictions that have come true

[*]The end of the V-Twin in racing

[*]The emergence of traction control

[*]Biodiesel becoming a viable alternative

[*]Gasoline never going below $2/gal again.

More predictions by the GMP

[*] ABS becoming an option on more motorcycles.

[*] The reemergence of linked braking systems especially on non sport bikes.. Cruiser riders could cut their accident rates by using both brakes more.

[*]Cruiser market is dying

[*]If Buell gets a decent engine it can be the future of HD.

[*]V-4 will become a major player in WSB and latter AMA superbike

[*]Honda and others will market a V-4 replica racer

[*]Gas will go over $4/gal in California by Sept 07

[*]George Bush will leave office as the biggest spender in U.S. history. Adding to the national debt more than any other president in history by several times.

[*]In 07 and 08 seruzaWa, longride, and Buzglyd will lie several times on this board and say they never voted for W.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
good point ksmokey is too obvious but I like it. We had a dog named smokey once. A black dachshund the vet said was the most perfect dachshund he had every seen and the most muscular. He would take on dogs 3 times his size and win..Him and my big dog a half Lab and half German Sheppard "Lucky" would wrestle for hours...Probably why Smokey was so strong... Smokey died of cancer and Lucky ran away when I went to college. At least that is what my parents said.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I watched it and I know Hacking can ride...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe some of you haven't noticed this, since most seem to have a "don't care" attitude, but cutting another class means less racing. As recently as 2003, most AMA national roadrace weekends had 6 races: 2 superbike races, and one each of supersport, superstock, formula extreme, and 250 GP. This news means that by 2009 there will be only 3 or 4 races, depending on whether the weekend has a superbike doubleheader or not. That means 1/3 less racing. That may not mean anything to some that only follow superbike (probably the most predictable class for the last several years), but to the pure roadracing fan, that's huge. Where AMA nationals once provided an entire weekend of spectacle, it's diminishing. I'm afraid before long, all that will be left is one supersport race followed by one superbike race. Instead of an entire weekend of watching qualifying, practice, and several races, AMA roadracing will be more of an afternoon excursion like going to see the supercross. Nothing against the supercross, I go see it every year. But one evening of racing is nothing in comparison to an entire weekend.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"A black dachshund the vet said was the most perfect dachshund he had every seen and the most muscular. He would take on dogs 3 times his size and win."

Just when I think you've reached your limits of self-parody, you come out with a gobstopper like this. I stand in awe.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: kpaul predicts and then it happens

"Gasoline never going below $2/gal again."

F*cking liar: "$3.00/gal is the floor not the ceiling. $4.00 by the end of the summer." - kpaul, May 26, 2006.

"The end of the V-Twin in racing"

What's Troy Bayliss riding?

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: kpaul predicts and then it happens

A customized out of production V-Twin i.e. discontinued obsolete motorcycle.. The inline 4s now with traction control are kicking butt.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Thanks kgay..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.