Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is this GPTB of which you speak?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Chastity cage?

It kinda reminds me of a chastity belt? BTW, with that thing on, how can you ditch the b!#(h? Forget that, if you have this thing on she's gonna ditch you!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow. I'm speechless. I have three kids who've all ridden with me since their legs were long enough for their feet to reach the pegs. Crashing on that contraption and watching my child fly around those bars, or getting an arm or leg ground off when it gets trapped between one of those bars and the asphalt doesn't sound like much fun.

Also, and I'm quite serious, one of the joys my kids had in getting rides to and from school on my bikes is the "cool" factor in having their friends see them on a bike. I'm afraid this contraption only offers a DORK factor. If I want a cage around my child, we'll take my '79 Alfa Spider.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Anyone concerned with safety would approve of this device 100%. I think California would be the perfect testing ground for a law requiring this device on all motorcycles by next year. I'm sure the helmet law crowd agrees with me on this.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Testing ground? Why would we bother with testing? We just implement whatever seems like a good idea and when it turns out to be a failure we spend even more money on it. Where you been lately?

Just think of all the savings in 'social costs'. This means lower taxes and reduced insurance premiums, too! Anyone who opposes it is irresponsible. Yada yada yada.

Just be glad that Joan Claybrook ain't DOT chief any more.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
How can anyone argue with this concept? Let's get it done and implement it ASAP. This will save lives, people.

If you disagree with this, than you shouldn't be aloud to ride a motorcycle.

This is common sense motorcycle safety. The times are changing and Gen X and Y will demand these advances. Stop being paranoid of advancement.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.