Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Do you have HI FI Buys up there? They are owned by a company called Tweeter. They are a great source for motorcycle alarms. I know that they market auto and home audio but the motorcycle alarm selections are very good. As far as your "requirements": almost every alarm that is audible has ALL these features. You should ask if it equally fine to install a GPS alarm system. There are some GPS systems out there that are reasonable in price and they will (w/ key fob?) track your oun bike if it is moved in any way. They are effective.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
A good theft deterrent is a luggage box on the back that's labelled with "Danger Radioactive and Biohazard Material" stickers. Put on a phony company name like "Medical Supply Couriers". No one will bother it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I absolutely love my Scorpio alarm I installed on my 06 GSXR 1000. Very straight forward install, has all of the protections you need, plus has a perimeter warning if someone is near the bike, and will page me if any alarm events occur. Pager is rechargeable, and I have tested it for distance and it will still page me from over a 1/4 mile away, even through the IT protected building I work in.

My fall back is my .45 though.

Dean

·
Registered
273 Posts
Are they going to inspect the alarm that you put on? Use whatever one you want and tell them that is satisfies their requirements regardless if it does or does not.

I *had* an Aritronix Scorpio on my FZ1 until this weekend when it blew up upon pressing the starter. I don't know why it did that all of a sudden because it has been on there for 3 years without a problem. It was a pretty good alarm until then.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hell Yeah!

Best answer yet! I love State Farm, have all of my stuff thru them, life, home, car, yadda yadda, but they obviously don't want any part of the motorcycle market. they were abso-f***ing-loutely stupid on the quote I got from them on my bike. I even called them back to make sure they hadn't screwed up.

Shop around.

Rob

·
Registered
328 Posts
Re: Hell Yeah!

Strangely, SF has re-earned my business year after year. Progressive hasn't even come close.

Of course, I'm in Michigan. So they might figure my warm, sunny day mileage is so restricted that there's little risk in insuring my Firebolt!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've actually seen that. Someone came through town last summer on an old BMW with bulletproof looking aluminium side cases. The cases had "Organ Courier" stickers all over them.

·
Registered
285 Posts

Eloquent, and you ride a Buell, too....

More and more I like you!

Rob

·
Registered
4,129 Posts

call a company call Dairyland Insurance. Bet you get the same coverage for less money.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Check out the Rider Wearhouse Sale Items page - there are two or three alarms On Sale right now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.