Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
"The MCI’s Director of Public Affairs said, "The MCI supports initiatives that help to make roads safer and young people more aware of risks."

Well, duh! What else are they gonna say? "We oppose any initiative to make the roads safer." or "We don't care how many riders get whacked."

Although this line is interesting: The proposal is being considered in light of the statistics which show that young male drivers aged 17 to 20 are almost ten times more likely to be killed or suffer serious injury behind the wheel compared to men between 40 and 59.

Drivers? Car stats? What does that have to do with motorcycles? Can we ever get a news article without screwy data?

·
Registered
285 Posts
WTF????!!!!

Everybody say it with me.......

WHO F***ING CARES HOW THEY DO IT ELSEWHERE!

We didn't get where we are by copying systems that were marginal.

Rob

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
U.K. riders are smarter

Go move.. I think Britain is way ahead of Americans when come to motorcycles. The top selling bikes in the U.K. are all sportbikes. This proves they are way ahead of the curve (U.S.) i.e. sportbikes when driven within the law are the safest bikes. While schools in the U.S. are eliminating drivers ed programs, it's refreshing to see a country going the other way. Keep in mind the Brits actually use bikes for transportation rather than poser activity and bar hooping.. Great move U.K..and God Save the Queen...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: WTF????!!!!

Intelligent folks learn from others.. Actually in the past we did get where we are by using the best from everywhere. i.e. the melting pot thing.. Trouble is in the last few years we have become ethnocentric (the move to shutdown immigration) perhaps its a sign that our country has entered middle age i.e. closed minded, grumpy, In fact maybe as country the U.S. is GPTB.. just kidding..

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts

The first thing I'll need is a 1.3 billion dollar budget for research and development. I'll need four 50 man committees, 6 dozen city engineers, 4 union heads from each state, and a team of shrinks from the top 10 universities in the country.

I'll also need a secondary budget for payoffs, bribes, and falsifying research to match my needs.

Additional funding will be needed at roughly 300% of the original budget.

I feel if everything goes according to plan, we can have this puppy up and running by 2015.

We'll call the project The Big Tier.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts

Sounds reasonable; let's add .10 to a gallon of gas and .25% to sales tax. We'll have it paid off by 2011 and you and I can pull 4 years of gravy.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

You guys need a private contractor to ensure full efficacy of all metrics of the new system paradigm and to ensure full engagement of employee embracement. $250 million should be enough for my serivces in this capacity per annum.

Naturally a 10% kickback will be returned to you... er, I mean your services in an advisory capacity will be utilized.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts

How about a $500 Safety Evaluation Service Fee on every bike sold?

Nothing would actually be done with this service fee, but who's going to vote against something that has the word safety in it? What, you don't want things to be safe?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.