Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
"The MCI’s Director of Public Affairs said, "The MCI supports initiatives that help to make roads safer and young people more aware of risks."

Well, duh! What else are they gonna say? "We oppose any initiative to make the roads safer." or "We don't care how many riders get whacked."

Although this line is interesting: The proposal is being considered in light of the statistics which show that young male drivers aged 17 to 20 are almost ten times more likely to be killed or suffer serious injury behind the wheel compared to men between 40 and 59.

Drivers? Car stats? What does that have to do with motorcycles? Can we ever get a news article without screwy data?

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: WTF????!!!!

You guys need a private contractor to ensure full efficacy of all metrics of the new system paradigm and to ensure full engagement of employee embracement. $250 million should be enough for my serivces in this capacity per annum.

Naturally a 10% kickback will be returned to you... er, I mean your services in an advisory capacity will be utilized.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: Lead Follow or Get out my way..kpaul's answer to the

Oh you are so wrong. The new leaders of the greatest generation are going to lead us to the promised land of the Big Govt Handout all provided by Big Govt Programs.

Although it's yet to be explained why the next program is going to work given the fact that all previous programs are dead failures. After seeing what's happened to the inner cities after 30 years of govt "help" I think I'll forgo more of the same. Big Govt "help" has done to Black America what the 200 years of slavery and 100 years of Jim Crow was never able to achieve. Col. Forrest is laughing in his grave.

We'll forget about public education for now.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: U.K. riders are smarter

And what's wrong with that? It keeps the commoners and other riffraff from getting above themselves. They should consider themselves that lucky that they are allowed to have running water and electricity (usually). Imagine thinking that an individual should be allowed to determine his own path in life and achieve prosperity! What poppy*****! Everyone knows that we elites know what's best for everyone and should be given supreme power.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: Confucious say

Well, he is armed with the moderating button.. as you can plainly see.

How many times have we seen all this now? New people show up and believe they can engage Kook in rational discussion. Then they go through all the stages of denial, etc. Maybe we could write up a paper on it! Get published. Become more famous than Freud or Jung! Or end up in a straitjacket instead. Better let it be.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: On another note

That sounds more fun than sitting here and telling my daughter that, no, you can't get a tatto.

Plus it's below zero out there. And my furnace is on the blink. I hope it lasts until Monday when the new one shows up.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: On another note

I told my son that earrings on men make a great thing to grab onto and pull when someone wearing one gets really annoying.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
What's worse? An over-40 with delusions that he is the new Marlon Brando or an over-40 with delusions that he is the new Kenny Roberts?

I've always maintained that cruiser posers are one step above sportbike posers. At least cruiser posers are cruising, whatever else they are playing at. Sportbike posers are neither fast nor are they racing. Most have never been to a track..... just yakking about how great their bike is and how better they are than everyone else. I've hung around with most bike crowds. The sportbikers arrogance in toto far outsrips any other group, except maybe the BMW snobs. HD snobs are less likely to deride other m/cers and more likely to own sportbikes, dirt bikes, etc.

Heck you see it on MO all the time. The number of sportbike mafioso who spend their miserable lives serously putting down other people's rides far out number any other bunch of detractors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.