Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
U.K. riders are smarter

Go move.. I think Britain is way ahead of Americans when come to motorcycles. The top selling bikes in the U.K. are all sportbikes. This proves they are way ahead of the curve (U.S.) i.e. sportbikes when driven within the law are the safest bikes. While schools in the U.S. are eliminating drivers ed programs, it's refreshing to see a country going the other way. Keep in mind the Brits actually use bikes for transportation rather than poser activity and bar hooping.. Great move U.K..and God Save the Queen...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: WTF????!!!!

Intelligent folks learn from others.. Actually in the past we did get where we are by using the best from everywhere. i.e. the melting pot thing.. Trouble is in the last few years we have become ethnocentric (the move to shutdown immigration) perhaps its a sign that our country has entered middle age i.e. closed minded, grumpy, In fact maybe as country the U.S. is GPTB.. just kidding..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Lead Follow or Get out my way..kpaul's answer to the

It's optimism like this that is getting the U.S. further behind.. You guys had your time move over an let the new greatest generation take over..Lead Follow or get out of my way.. Drivers education and motorcycle education can be trained in the schools. I had an excellent drivers edcuation program in my high school.."Ask not what your country can do for you ask what you can do for your country"

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Forgive them they know not what they do.

You'll have to forgive the GTPB crowd. You are quite right kwh. The GPTB crowd is against all new ideas or ideas that have worked before but have been cut because of the wrong assumption that private industry can do all things better than public organizations or government. Drivers education programs were expanded during the 60s and 70s in the U.S. public high schools (15-18 year old students) and then with the national fart (flatulence) called the 80s where all things done by the government or schools were deemed ineffective and inefficient. In my daughters high school drives education was eliminated the reasoning was that private industry could do it better. Guess what? That didn't happen. Several attempts at private driving schools failed.. Now kids learn from friends or their parents... It wold be like learning to fly without a trained flying instructor. But the baby boomers love it cause less taxes means more they can spend on flat panel tvs to park their fat asses in front ot.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: U.K. riders are smarter

"But the primary reason Harley sells so well in the US is Marketing, Marketing, Marketing. If they had done the same in the UK or Europe, you'd see a LOT more Cruisers on the road, I'd bet. " Don't think so..European's use bikes for transportation and the pleasure of riding and touring on twisty roads. Not cruising on straight flat roads from one poser bar to another.. Don't believe the GPTB.. I have been to Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.. they haven't at least not lately..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Lead Follow or Get out my way..kpaul's answer to the

At least you had a driver's ed teacher, textbook, homework, videos, and simulators.. Kids now don't cause of the baby boomers ripping off the last and next generation thing.. i.e. budget deficits..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: U.K. riders are smarter

Now you are using the force Luke.. i.e. using your brain.. The GPTB is the dark side.. Your European analysis is wrong but this post is better...

Regards,

kYoda..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
The real Walter Mitty

Walter Mitty funny.. But Walter Mitty was a fictional character with fictional daydreams.. kpaul is real with real experiences, real ability, real intelligence, real education, who is going to kick your ass with my new bike "Black Flash"

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: The real Walter Mitty

LOL good one.. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.