Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Re: U.K. riders are smarter

That's Boehm's influence - he goes about "tasting" things. He's gettin' fatter'n Holy Hell.

I bet if he shows-up at your house, he'd polish-off the last of your pizza and beer before pluggin' up your commode.......

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: Confucious say

Well, he is armed with the moderating button.. as you can plainly see.

How many times have we seen all this now? New people show up and believe they can engage Kook in rational discussion. Then they go through all the stages of denial, etc. Maybe we could write up a paper on it! Get published. Become more famous than Freud or Jung! Or end up in a straitjacket instead. Better let it be.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Re: Lead Follow or Get out my way..kpaul's answer to the

I think our stats show that almost half the fatalities are from unlicensed riders.

If one doesn't even bother to get a license, all the tiers in the world aren't going to make a difference.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
On another note

I've got the neighbor kids here tonight so their parents can have an evening out.

My son and the other boys have managed to get a hold of my cordless drill and are drilling holes into stuffed animals. They're calling it "surgery."

I love kids.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: On another note

That sounds more fun than sitting here and telling my daughter that, no, you can't get a tatto.

Plus it's below zero out there. And my furnace is on the blink. I hope it lasts until Monday when the new one shows up.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts

Well I've got a nice fire burning (eucalyptus and avocado) because it's in the 40s tonight. I'm watching the Lakers and sipping an ounce of the fine Mexican tequila I bought for longride.

I guess he should've made it out here sooner.

My son already knows that tattoos are the "Badge of Ignorance." Got that one from my dad.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts

I told my son that earrings on men make a great thing to grab onto and pull when someone wearing one gets really annoying.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

Yup. Don't matter how good a law is, if we don't enforce it. It ought to be required that we at least TRY to find out if a law is any good before we ignore it. And if we're going to ignore it, maybe it shouldn't be a law in the first place.....

My God!!! I think I'm turning LIBERTARIAN!!!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I'm sure glad KWalterMitty kept his promise to Gabe and stopped the baiting posts and posting his usual nonsense. I'm not sure how this thread would have turned out had he pulled the same ol' crap on a different day. On a side note, tiered licensing won't work as was pointed out somewhere in this mess, because too many riders aren't getting licenses now. If they up the standard, that will just mean more that won't bother, and it kind of defeats why it was put into place in the first place. Have fun bashing KWalterMitty around. I have to work on the Shovel today, and it's cold out there.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I've decided that my Shop (whenever I get around to building it) will have sheetrock walls in the work area. Wallboard is FANTASTIC for holding tools after you injure yourself with them - each in their own hammer/ratchet/torquewrench/screwdriver-shaped slots............

·
Registered
11,482 Posts

"I am Conehead the Libertarian! Fear my Sneer!"

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Re: WTF????!!!!

Here is a Link to a few facts about the USPS.

From the website:

"We receive no tax dollars from the federal government for our operations. We are a self-supporting agency, using the revenue from the sales of postage and postage-related products to pay expenses."

"The U.S. Postal Service is viewed by the American public as the most trusted organization for privacy among all 70 federal departments, agencies, bureaus and other entities examined in the 2006 privacy trust survey conducted by Ponemon Institute."

I was mistaken; I thought they received limited funding for their operations. I guess they eliminated that when I was a child.

This is the latest report (large pdf file) I could find on the US Treasury's website concerning the USPS - it dates from '03.

I'm sure there are later reports, but I didn't feel like wading through the site to locate them.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.