Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too bad pretty bike... Is the Vincient thing still alive? The one with the RC51 "Ducati Killer" engine... and beautiful styling...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I always thought the Norton Commando was the most beutiful bike ever built. The riding position was damn near perfect, and it had gobs to torque, even though it maybe ran out of breath a bit earlier than the modern competition.

I still think a modern, high tech version of that bike would find a place in the postmodern world. After all, the Ducati Monster is a huge sucess, as is the SV 650. They are bikes that can be comprehended in one look, and they deliver the goods. Here's hoping someone figures out a way to get them on the road.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Well, the positive thing is that the website has been updated and the Bikes and Configurator sections show additional options and bikes since the last I checked.

But, there has been no news or PR since '04.

I was hoping one of them (Norton or Vincent) would make it to production. It's not looking too good right now, though.

I liked the fact that Norton was trying (and apparently failing) to get there bikes in under 10 grand. I figured this would allow a much wider market to go after rather than creating a $20,000 pompous purchase.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Compulsive proofreader here. That "Newsweek Link" above (and with Newsweek cited in the opening paragraph) takes us to the story on the site of Business Week, rather than Newsweek. I can't find any connection between them, so I think they're entirely separate magazines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.