Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
A reader submitted this to news and, while it's not news exactly, there were enough things about the post that were of the touchy-feely two-wheeled variety I thought we'd post it.

Kind of odd, definately off-beat. I kinda liked it. Thought I'd share.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well, it is not a road test or a race report but there is more to life than dyno charts and lap times. It may be gibberish to some (or even most) but it made me think of good rides in the past.

OTOH, maybe I just liked it because I have always liked the song. Anybody creative enough to work motorcycles into "Money For Nothing"? Maybe a privateer talking about the racers with factory rides? The part about "Yeah buddy, that's his own hair" works for more than a few.

Thanks for publishing this,

SlowBear

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very cool.

There are a hundred motoscooter magazines full of nuts-to-bolts reviews and who-what-when-where rave results. The "different" articles are where you guys shine.

What's up with Senor X these days? Has Glydon electrocuted himself yet?

Keep us guessing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Philospohical, introspective, spiritual ramblings should be more heavily encouraged these days. Some people will get it, others won't. Doesn't matter.

When contemplating 'Who's going to get this?' always answer 'The right people will get it.'

The point is: start thinking more.

And it's never bad to share your thoughts, no matter how they may be perceived.

Thanks Robert.

·
Registered
473 Posts
the right people?

the "right people?" wow. here i was thinking that MO was for ALL motorcyclists. i see now that it is reserved for the intellectuals. that must be why they're demanding subscriptions, so that the non-mensas will leave.

if i want spiritual self-reflection, there are literally millions of sources for it. personally, i don't come to this site for that.

but maybe that's just me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What is this? If I wanted a lot of philosophical crap, learn songs, or to read poetry, I would go to the library or find another web site. I enjoy this web site for one reason; to read about motorcycles, their technical merits, and the opinions of the informed MO staff. Road tests and comparisons are whats valuable, along with the other "technical stuff" ie - equipment, laws, safety, statistics, maintenance tips, and just plain old advice.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You want advice? Open your head. Think about why you like motorcycles. Better yet, get a hobby that no one else is interested in. That way you wan't have to listent to anyone else's "philosophical crap."

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey, It's All Good-- Don't Like It?Don't Read it!!

This type of "article" rounds out the site. I think it's great. Reminds me a bit of the Ol' Activebike.com. It's not just about reviews and stuff; we all love bikes, and everyone else thinks we're crazy because we ride.

Celebrating the whole experience makes the site stonger.

Bravo

More stuff like this, more riding tips, more great rides/trips/travelogs, i can't get enough.

peace, my two wheeled bros and sisters...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.