Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode a Norton once. It wasn't a very good experience. I don't think it was because of the positive ground though. I think it was because the d**n thing was an unreliable piece of s**t.

Then again my neighbor's negative ground Gilera wasn't a very good experince either. But that was probebly because the thing could have been used to shake paint.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That was a pretty cool column. BTW- I actually read Magnetic Current by Edward Leedskalnin, interesting stuff, I do agree there is a lot we don't know about electricity but magnetics/gravity/frequency are in my opinion are all related (we know gravity and magnetics are) . Anywho, maybe this explains why I like riding my Mille more than my ZX6R. Then again, maybe it helps that there's a lot more power and it likes to ride on the back wheel too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have read Joseph Glydon and his accomplices for many years in City Bike and am delighted that he is now to join another favorite, the trenchant Mr. Burns, at MO. If going subscription funded these and other improvements, I consider it money invested into and for our culture. Bravo. Now work on getting stuff from Kevin Cameron and Alan Cathcart and we will have died and gone to heaven.

·
Registered
149 Posts
A Diesel motorcycle with Coleman lanterns needs no electrics

A Diesel motorcycle with Coleman lanterns could be a fully non-electric bike (turn signals at night might be a problem as would the glow plugs to start the thing). It would be best were it a thumper like the KLR(?) military version of course.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The spirits feel ? I do. Something is going on down there that does not completely

meet the eye. I know a guy who rides, but is not really embellished with it. He's

headlight keeps blowing out and no one can find the problem. You have to carry it with

you on and off the bike. If your not empassion buy it, then the spirits will know.

Write on Bro.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Please MO, anybody who reads Citi Bike has read this most entertaining article several weeks ago. Which is OK with me, but maybe you will want to ammend your constant diatribe about being better than the main stream press because you always get on things first. However, I don't want to criticize because your site has improved 10 fold recently, and I have enjoyed it. Good luck.

Bryan

·
Registered
273 Posts
What is the purpose of this article? For the ignorant among us it only increased the mystery of electricity, and for the educated it was a waste of time. All this business about the effects of electric current on the body/mind is nonsense. The same waves that your radio or TV turn into entertainment are zooming through your brain right now. The magnetic field of the earth is strong enough to turn the rotor of a helicoptor into a generator. So what? These fields have existed long before man, and have no influence on us. Come to think of it, replying to this article was an even bigger waste of time.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've been reading Joe Glyddon in City Bike for quite some time, and he's always entertaining, often enlightening and usually funny. Congratulations on adding another valuable asset to MO. Two thumbs up. :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Re: A Diesel motorcycle with Coleman lanterns needs no electrics

Yeah, but have you thought about what that would be like to RIDE? It'd sound weird, it'd smoke and it'd have so much torque and so little horsepower that it would make a Harley engine (this is not a H-D flame) feel like a GSXR. Yeah, you'd get intercontinental mileage, but can you imagine the embarrassment? How 'bout the first time you tried to fuel up, and somebody thinks you're an idiot: "Hey dummy! That's the diesel pump!"

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've got to second this. Two (or more) column layouts don't work well online, unless you can figure out how to limit the page length so no scrolling is necessary.

I found the story itself electrifying, however (he wrote, ducking for cover).

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.