Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harley copied De Dion - Buton. Well well well. I always knew Harley was a rip off although I did not realize the copied also the 1-cyl engine. The V-2 concept was also dreamed up by the frenchies. Yes, the same people you guys despise for their stubborn lack of support for the freedom fries. Plus the fact they have 35 hour working week and they spend their whole time on sidewalk cafees drinking red wine and bonking their good looking women. I wonder if this was mentioned in the HD 100 year celebrations.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Excuse me brainiac (thanks for the personal insults by the way), but when I'm searching for political information (B.A. Political Science here), I generally don't read books authored by comedians.

And no I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh either.

And lighten up. It was a joke. Al did claim to "take the lead on that" when referring to the internet.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Well I was taken to the woodshed for "Goreing" one of the left's sacred cows.

I've been living in airplanes lately so my one liners are reserved for the unsuspecting passenger seated next to me.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Hey, get with the program, Buz! Get Franken's book! And then while you're at it get a couple more books in a similar vein. I recommend:

Hitlary's "It takes a Village Idiot"

and

Albore's "Earth in the Lurch" (it's even more hilarious than anything Franken ever did).

All three are excellent works of fantasy! Each even outdoes any modern colllege economics textbook.

Or you could simply shortcircuit the whole process and get the book that started them all, by the grandfather of the modern "Progressive" movement, "Das Kapital".

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I crashed my airplane last night, but I didn't get hurt since I was 50 feet from the impact zone. Dammed radio controlled planes are a biatch to fly in heavy winds.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I hope you live in California and therefore have the opportunity to vote for the entertainer of your choice. And would it bunch yer shorts to know that G. Jordan Liddy is a friend of Al Franken?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
The "first Motorcycle" was not a motorcycle, but a tricycle. It was built by Gottlieb Daimler in 1885 to showcase a new design, the "otto cycle" 4 stroke engine.

The frame was made of oak, belt driven, with an engine that incorporated an atmospheric intake valve and hot-tube ignition.

The first production motorcycle in the US was the Orient-Astor, built by the Metz company in 1888.

You really should have known.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sorry about the poor typing and juxtapositioning of Aster Orient. The first known production motorcycle(ore produced and sold to the public as transportation)was the Hildebrand and Wolmuller.The first one was built in 1894.If you define "first motorcycle "as a two wheeled vehicle sold to the public as transportation,H&W wins.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Slightly off-topic

I've read this article on a few previous occassions, and every time I'm drawn back to the link at the bottom of the story. Forgive my indulgence, but I cannot pass up this oportunity to point you back to what I consider the most beautiful motorcycle ever built, the 1918 Indian 8-valve Racer

I think it is stunning art and a symbol of racing motorcycles at their purest level.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.