Registered
11,491 Posts
Re: Another thing Harley was out front on

'

·
Registered
22 Posts

I took the HD Rider's Edge Program myself... if I had heard about a program like that I would have looked into it... Those Buell Blasts are fun as hell!

As it was, I learned on a Yamaha XT350 and then bought a Buell CityX when I was ready to extend my "range" in the southeast... big Buell fan now... I've put 15000+ miles on it since last September and the CityX still puts a smile on my face!

·
Registered
336 Posts

With a small bike, you almost don't need that kind of thing.

I just sold my first bike, the Ninja 250, for five hundred more than I paid for it (had it advertised in two places for a week), covering a lot of my initial gear expense etc for last year. Despite being a small "chicks bike", they sell like hotcakes and a lot of fun.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Wait, I'm confused. Is this guy the 100,000th person to take the Rider's Edge course, or the 100,000th person to survive the course?

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Horsecrap. I've ridden with plenty of people who came out of the MSF class who are better riders than some of the bozos who have been riding for years. No, they don't have experience, and yes, they still have a lot to learn, but compare what they have to do with what a boat buyer has to do. Any a-hole can go buy a 100 mph boat, blast across the bay, usually while drinking, with NO TRAINING WHATSOEVER. If the two-day MSF course doesn't suit you, what do you suggest? A week at the track learning apexing, power slides, and trail braking? I'm all for it, let's subsidize it with tax money so it's affordable.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Ah, you've been paying attention I see!

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
True, but Triumph sells over 10K bikes in the US alone with sales increasing very rapidly. Victory is just barely expanding.

It's too bad because the Victorys look like much better motorcycles than HDs.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I agree with the Victory statement. They are expanding rapidly for a new clone manufacturer, but have a good product. I know I'd get a Victory before I got a Harley.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Great to hear.. I love the looks of the Buell. Be trying to get the courage to go buy one.. i.e face the wrath of the wife etc. I think I use the engine thing as an excuse. I am sure the bike can handle a rider way way better than I..

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
we can raise the gas tax a dime a gallon at the federal level, that ought to cover it

21 - 40 of 96 Posts