Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: Maybe I should have checked...

The Versys doesn't look any more dirt worthy than the V-Strom.

The KLE500 however, I'm drooling.... Looks like the perfect small do-everything bike, kinda like a lightweight BMW GS1200.... Nice!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: Maybe I should have checked...

The Versys doesn't look any more dirt worthy than the V-Strom.

The KLE500 however, I'm droolin'.... Looks like the perfect small do-everything bike, kinda like a lightweight BMW GS1200.... Nice!

Now imagine if Suzuki put an SV engine in a DR :-D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Why not wait for the better balancers and intake improvements next year? http://www.motorcycledaily.com/23september06_klr650.htm The second cylinder is just more weight and the KLR is a little on the fat side already, I ride Colorado also and fire trails on the KLR are exercise but it's tough, maneuverable and carries plenty of gas.

As to the WeeStrom, it 100lbs heavier, and $1500 more. A fire road is no place for the DL. If you want to go the short way on a Suzuki do the DR650 for about the same price as a KLR. The vibe isn't much different than the KLR but the seat is a killer on the longer rides and 3 gallons can come up a little short a little too soon.

As for the KTM, your a professional, go for it. What's a few bucks for that kind of image.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts