Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Yamaha,

Make that two orders for the factory Supermotard. Just make mine with dual stacked projector beam headlights. Other than that, don't change a thing.

Also, that Mondial Streetfighter is pretty cool as well. Definitely a vehicle that would be used by the Empire, not the Rebellion.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Naked FZ6!

Why do we only get that butt ugly faired model when the naked has such clean lines. That faired model looks like a prop from a batman movie.

Bah, if you want wind protection, buy a buick. Make mine naked.

David

·
Registered
373 Posts
What's not to love about this show?

The sexist machines in the world; the sexist women in the world...ahhh...bikers' heaven. And FINALLY the motorcycle manufacturers are starting to listen to us about what WE want and manufacture it.

Good job MO.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: Motards..

They will eventually. It's up to the smaller guys to spend the money pioneering new ideas. The Big4, like any huge corporation have become increasingly reluctant to take risks. So once the Big4 decide that supermatards have caught on they will then come up with their own offerings.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It isn't (unless I'm vastly mistaken about the definition of streetfighter) a streetfighter. I've been led to believe that plastic + clipons are pretty much antithetical to the whole 'streetfighter' genre. It's a nice racerbike, but streetfighter is supposed to be more practical for urban environments... kinda like motards, but coming from a pure racing POV towards the middle ground, rather than from a pure dirt POV.

-Kawazuki

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Ahhhh. Fast women and even faster bikes. What more could one ask?

Looks like the Italians are leading the industy once more. A good feat considering how small these companies are comparatively. Or maybe the sheer size of the Big4 makes them less willing to take risks?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In fact, I'm inspired. Does anyone have a phone number, email address, or snail address for the Yamaha corporation? I want to write them a letter and tell them that if the MT03 were available, I'd buy one yesterday. Or an XT660X. (Only one of them, obviously) I want to encourage them to send these things statesward.

-Kawazuki

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wow! This is the best story I've seen about this show.

Check out the CBF600S (image 50) sandwiched between the two picks of that freaky Honda concept thing. How sweet is that bike?!? I mean damn! It looks like a real town & country bike that will easily take bags, comfortable ergos for commuting and a kickin’ 600 to power it all. I just wish the we would get it in the US. Hell the Bandit 600S sells and it has that crappy frame.

Come on Honda send all the CBFs to the US. They will be sold. I wouldn't have a problem getting a new rider on any one of the CBF models.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re: Guzzi Breva 1100

Yep. Looks like the mission statement for the Breva 1100 design team was to make it look and function as much like the Beemer as possible. For sales sake, it better be priced lower than $9990...

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
The Guzzi Grisso looks an awful lot like the Confederate Hellcat.

I'm trembling at the thought of having an MV Agusta in my garage but heck I'd just be a big posuer on it. How do you say chicken strips in Italian?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.